I Love This '59 Pepsi

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

slugplate

Reaction score
My scare '59, 7oz embossed Pepsi is one of my top 3 finds of all time. Information on this bottle is just as hard to find as the bottle itself. I guess it pays to hunt in areas sane people would never attempt to enter.

Attachments

• IMG_1417.JPG
    IMG_1417.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 272

slugplate

Reaction score
Where did you find this awesome bottle?
Deep in the woods of an old military base. There were also a ton of Puritan Dairy 1/2 pint milks, Pat-D's, strap side whiskey's, blob beers, meds, BIMAL whiskeys, Why the wide range of bottle dates is I think someone threw out the Pepsi bottle there because they may have dumped other stuff there. However, why a '59 Pepsi was mixed in with 1880s stuff, '40s milks, and Pat - D's mystifies me.

swpender

Reaction score
The first digger was there in ‘59 and he was thirsty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
It looks like it was ahead of it's time just slightly. Usually those type of bottles are seen in the 1960's or 1970's. I did find a 1959 Pepsi just last week but it was the type that is half ACL and half embossed.

slugplate

Reaction score
It looks like it was ahead of it's time just slightly. Usually those type of bottles are seen in the 1960's or 1970's. I did find a 1959 Pepsi just last week but it was the type that is half ACL and half embossed.
I think this bottle was manufactured only in '58, '59, and '60... but don't quote me on that because details are very sketchy on them. It was also referred to as a "Throw Away" Pepsi. Amazingly enough, it was a surface find. My easiest scarce bottle discovery by far.

slugplate

Reaction score
Nice. No digging around here for awhile. -19f outside at the moment.
Wow, that's too bad. I'd be stir crazy. In NJ we've been pretty lucky this Winter has been very mild.

RCO

Reaction score
you can still sometimes find no deposit bottles on the surface here , as they were tossed in the 60's or 70's so not necessary that long ago , sometimes there hidden among the leaves and such

although the ones I'd find are pretty common , coke , pepsi or clear with no names on them

slugplate

Reaction score
I do find some ACL's here, but they're not good enough to keep... mostly the paint is roached. However, I did find a mint 1 liter Coke ACL. Really the only one worth keeping.

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi