I need help identifying this insulator.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
I have this small, green, star embossed insulator that I know nothing about. All I want know is the CD number, how old it is, and what was the purpose of this particular mold. If anyone can help that would be appreciated.

Pictures:
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

If I need to post more pictures, please let me know. Thanks!

DavidW

Reaction score
What a gorgeous insulator!!! It is classed as a CD 112. There are several somewhat different profiles of 112s, including the "straight sided" kind, but yours is the "fatter" style and is often called a "KEG" and has more rounded slightly curved "fat" look.
The "Star" style insulators were marketed through General Electric, made by a number of different glassmakers, and there are a number of different styles, butthat is a telephone line style, a "transposition insulator" which has two grooves to carry two wires. It was often used on drop lines going to a house, from the back alley.
That's a nice green color. It probably dates from around 1900 to 1915 or so. That little chunk of "junk" in the dome adds a little more value also.

There are similar "keg" style CD 112s that were made by Ohio Valley Glass Company, of Pleasant City, Ohio. They are lettered "O V G CO" on the skirt ---- keep an eye out for those also!

Reaction score
What a gorgeous insulator!!! It is classed as a CD 112. There are several somewhat different profiles of 112s, including the "straight sided" kind, but yours is the "fatter" style and is often called a "KEG" and has more rounded slightly curved "fat" look.
The "Star" style insulators were marketed through General Electric, made by a number of different glassmakers, and there are a number of different styles, butthat is a telephone line style, a "transposition insulator" which has two grooves to carry two wires. It was often used on drop lines going to a house, from the back alley.
That's a nice green color. It probably dates from around 1900 to 1915 or so. That little chunk of "junk" in the dome adds a little more value also.

There are similar "keg" style CD 112s that were made by Ohio Valley Glass Company, of Pleasant City, Ohio. They are lettered "O V G CO" on the skirt ---- keep an eye out for those also!
Thanks a lot for this info, have fun in your collecting! ~Cheers!

dario

Reaction score
I have this small, green, star embossed insulator that I know nothing about. All I want know is the CD number, how old it is, and what was the purpose of this particular mold. If anyone can help that would be appreciated.

Pictures:
View attachment 237174
View attachment 237175View attachment 237176

If I need to post more pictures, please let me know. Thanks!
That is a CD 112 STAR in either light green ($5-10), green ($10-15), light yellow green ($15-20), or yellow green ($30-40). If you are selling it is YELLOW GREEN. IF you are buying it is LIGHT GREEN. LOL!!!! It is often difficult to tell the actual color on line so I just gave you the ranges. Cool piece. Feel free to call with any other questions. Dario

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown