I picked all these up on a construction site last week here in Kentucky. I had to lay the mini jug o

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lexdigger

Reaction score
I picked all these up on a construction site last week here in Kentucky. I had to lay the mini jug on it's side to get the stencil to show in the pic. The little handle is busted off but the top is still there. It says Compliments of Geo. K. Curd Wilmore, Ky. The others are Mrs. Potters Hygenic Supply Co. Cincinnatti Ohio No. 2, 1837 SA & JG Smith Pharmacists 1881 Lexington, Ky., Rumford Chemical Works Patented March 10 1868 on bottom, The Oakland Chemical Company H2 O2, Free Sample Atwood's Jaundice Bitters, plain cobalt med. Not too bad for surface finds!!! I just got into bottle digging this year and these came off a dump site I was digging. This site will be covered over with concrete next week, but I'm looking forward to a new year full privies and dumps!!! Chris Capley

Db85959.jpg

Attachments

• Db85959.jpg
    Db85959.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 63

IRISH

Reaction score
Nice finds [:)] .
It's a pity to think of all the stuff that gets lost forever on building sites all around the world, good to see you are saving a bit [:D] .

madman

Reaction score
you lex in my book the bottles you found are jackpot!! love the rumfords bim and the attwoods free sample again nice finds mike

lexdigger

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yeah Madman, I love that Rumford's too!!! I had been wanting to find one every since the first one I saw dug by a friend. It was just laying there in the dirt pile waiting for me!!! All the glass in that pic is bim except for the sample bitters.
Hey Irish, the developer on this site was actually pretty cool. He granted us written permission to dig on this site for close to a year before he actually started building!!! It was a deep toc dump that was packed full of bottles and other stuff. Had he not gave us permission, alot more of it would have been destroyed or covered over with concrete. You know though, the parts of it that we never got to that are now covered over by building and concrete are not Really destroyed or lost. They have more or less been sealed up like a time capsule for a future generation to discover. In essence, development is what saved this site for me to discover. Had it not had a building on top of it at one time, the local diggers would have got into it back in the 70's or 80's and I never would have found it myself!!! LOL! I know one thing, I'm gonna tell my kids and grandkids about it in case they're around the next time they rebuild!!! There are still thousands of bottles left buried there in undisturbed layers... Chris Capley

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunshine123