I Pray to God this is Original Paint...get it!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jeoverb1

Reaction score
And oh gee look at that $128 for a bottle thats worse than mine in every way.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jeoverb1

Reaction score
If that 1 is worth a $128 I wonder what mine is worth probly more than any of your faggy little bottle collections combined. Hey look over there an empty liquor bottle some hobo pissed in, better go home and put it on the shelf with the rest of your collection of literal garbage, what else you collect? scraps of paper

shotdwn

Reaction score
I never once said that the Holy water bottles didn't come painted. Your statement was why would anyone deboss a bottle unless they intended to paint it. It would seem you are awfully touchy about being asked a simple question.

nhpharm

Reaction score
Wow...joined today and already insulting long term members who tried to respond. Not a good way to get responses in the future. The bottle that was posted has clearly been repainted. I do agree that many of these originally had gold paint, but the one posted is repainted. Remember as well that there is a difference between asking price and what people actually are able to sell something for. Although there is a market for these Holy Water bottles, my experience is that the market is in the $10-$40 range depending on the bottle.

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
If that 1 is worth a $128 I wonder what mine is worth probly more than any of your faggy little bottle collections combined. Hey look over there an empty liquor bottle some hobo pissed in, better go home and put it on the shelf with the rest of your collection of literal garbage, what else you collect? scraps of paper

You just got here today and I'm only going to tell you once. Slow your roll and grow up. Or you will find yourself on the pay-no-mind list very quickly. Your attitude seems better suited to that hot mess they call Facebook. I really hope you find a cure for your narcissism but sadly there's no vaccine yet.

Eric

Reaction score
Ha... How do you go from "I would love to get some opinions... any feedback would be greatly appreciated" to "faggy little bottle collections, hobo.... , burnt matches..." all in just one day, your first day... give folks some time to see the thread... LOL...

Nice old bottle you have... My opinion, repainted due to the thick brush stokes making a "wood" look is a give away to me. Many people paint/touch up their bottles to enhance the embossing, or in this case, debossing...

Most Dr Pepper bottles before ACL were debossed like your bottle with clean crisp edges... they are so nice it's hard to tell if they are embossed or debossed... Embossed Dr Pepper bottles are rare... Dr Pepper didn't paint their debossed bottles... With their mass production wouldn't have been cost effective... your bottle may have been painted at the beginning... but not all debossed bottle were painted.

Some advise...If your the smartest one in the room you're in the wrong room... It's always good to listen and learn... should never want to
stop learning or ask questions...

As far as a price, if you're looking, I would check eBay under "SOLD" to see what people are actually paying for this type of bottle.

slugplate

Reaction score
It wouldn't be uncommon, IMHO, that certain religious Orders could have decorated the bottles. It was one of the ways to generate revenue for necessities and their mission. In most cases, these Orders relied entirely on selling their work. Some did needle craft and sewing for example. So yes, it may be an authentic piece.

Screwtop

Reaction score

DSC_0613.jpg

1. We take pride in our collections, no matter how small, large, expensive or cheap. Pictured here is about $1,000 worth of antiques out of my $3,000 collection, built over years of dedicated searching, and careful spending. I worked to build this collection by buying and selling to make money, to acquire this collection.

2. nice language.

3. $128 is a bunch of baloney IMO. 1930s screwcap bottles aren't worth more than $10.

4. 100 year old hobo whiskeys are highly collectible, and sometimes expensive. Some single bottles can climb well into the quadruple digits, unlike 1930s screwcap bottles used in arts and crafts.

5. Why did you ask a question, if you're only going to act like a jerk when you get a response that is truthful? Go to facebook, man.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora