I Pray to God this is Original Paint...get it!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Hope the OP doesn't really pray to God cuz in no way is his conduct here honoring God or His creation.

What people ask for an item and what it sells for can be very different things. You can ask any price, but no one will pay over a certain price. Throw it on ebay for an auction starting at 49.99 and see what the market thinks it's worth.

nhbandit

Reaction score
LMAO.. OK so you come in here wishing your bottle is so rare you can sell it and never have to work again and then you attack everyone who dosn't agree with your pre-concieved opinion. So now that we've established that you're a rude dick I'll give my opinion. I say it's been repainted. Why ? Because it looks like it was painted by a 5 year old with Parkinsons. There is paint all over the place especially where there shouldn't be any. Best example is the word "Holy" There is clearly paint in between all the letters of that word. It would only be common sense that bottles like this which were mass produced would be painted using re-usable stencils which would only allow the paint to be where it belongs. Or do you picture hundreds of people working for slave wages sitting at rows of tables painting each one by hand ? I suggest you either leave your attitude at the door or better yet just leave..

LeighHaffner

GypsieFireflower
Reaction score
My opinion only...please keep that in mind...take it or leave it, but you asked for opinions and I am happy to give mine...this is (obviously) not what you want to hear, but I would say repainted...the paint is too shiny (hasn't aged as I would expect) and the paint has a texture (I am not talking about the wood-grain texture of the cross...goopy might be a better word)... the "paint job" appears to have been applied with a loose hand and brush...someone with little practice or possibly brushed on the wiped off, which would explain paint in areas it does not belong...I don't know much about this bottle but I do know a tremendous amount about paint/painting...THINGS WE KNOW: the edges where the paint bleeds over probably would have worn off from handling and from being submerged in water along with simply time, unless this bottle was stored away from light and elements and was handled sparingly over all these years, its very unlikely original...also, the lid to your bottle is not gold and that surprises me because the gold everywhere else is boldy "there" in comparison...you would see more gold on the lid to your bottle (inconsistent story)...BUT to me that doesn't take from the bottle and the re-touch just adds to the story along with this thread...lol...it but might have decreased the value of your bottle since its probably not original...either-or, it is a beautiful bottle and a great find...you are obviously attached to it and you see things differently than the rest of us, so maybe look into having the paint tested? Goodluck!

Van

Reaction score
Bravo Gentlemen! Im truly impressed with the way this community respects themselves enough to respond in the manner in which it just did. I personally respect that. There seems to be a lack of this kind of behavior in our society these days, when it should really be the norm. Just wanted to tell you all that. Thanks!

Brewster113

Reaction score
Hey if you come here for information please do not criticize the people commenting, accept what they have to say and draw your own conclusions. These people commenting were not even alive when this was done so any conclusion is conjecture at best.
I believe these may have had paint originally but I believe this has had some repainting done, my reason for saying this is the edges of the paint in places is quite sloppy.
Bruce

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky