I WON A BOTTLE ON AN AUCTION... BUT!!!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
I usually don't participate in the large glass auctions, mainly because the items they have are not embossed beer bottles. A recent one did have embossed beers listed and those beers just happened to be from the collection of a late friend of mine Ralph Van Brocklin, so it became extra special. Anyway I got the bottle today, upon inspection the embossed beer hutchinson was not the right one. I had bid on and won their lot #463. Lot #464 had a replacement top and I did not bid on it. I have attached a photo the lots #463, #464 and the bottle I received today. You tell me what bottle I got? I am in contact with the auction company awaiting resolution. I will update as I learn more. Thanks for letting me vent as I am very agitated at the moment.
nashville.jpg

Last edited:

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
... I am in contact with the auction company awaiting resolution. I will update as I learn more. Thanks for letting me vent as I am very agitated at the moment.
Feeling a whole lot better now. Here is the response the auction company just sent: "The lot you were supposed to get is here at our gallery. Please send the incorrect lot back and we will send you the lot you were supposed to get along with a refund for postage. Sorry for the mix up."
I would say this is a world class response to a touchy situation. Relief is a good thing.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I usually don't participate in the large glass auctions, mainly because the items they have are not embossed beer bottles. A recent one did have embossed beers listed and those beers just happened to be from the collection of a late friend of mine Ralph Van Brocklin, so it became extra special. Anyway I got the bottle today, upon inspection the embossed beer hutchinson was not the right one. I had bid on and won their lot #463. I have attached a photo the lots #463, #464 and the bottle I received today. You tell me what bottle I got? I am in contact with the auction company awaiting resolution. I will update as I learn more. Thanks for letting me vent as I am very agitated at the moment.
View attachment 215300
I got 1850's pontiled whiskey shot glass from the same collection. Nice bottle. I did not personally know Mr. Van Brocklin.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Attachments

• 16074619018781049941752782875445.jpg
    16074619018781049941752782875445.jpg
    918.6 KB · Views: 144
  • 16074619174318984223792394912241.jpg
    16074619174318984223792394912241.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 160

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Ralph collected a lot of different types of glass all of it was pretty great stuff. That's a wonderful glass.
Wasn't Ralphs collection mostly whiskey related? Alot of one of a kind items.. That is the impression I got. I did a search on Ralph and got to know more about him.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Last edited:

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
Wasn't Ralphs collection mostly whiskey related? Alot of one of a kind items.. That is the impression I got. I did a search on Ralph and got to know more about him.
I believe he did have an extensive whiskey collection, but he had all types of glass. It could be that later in his collecting the whiskey was his favorite.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I believe he did have an extensive whiskey collection, but he had all types of glass. It could be that later in his collecting the whiskey was his favorite.
Lots of beautiful stuff that was totally out of my price range. Thanks for the reply UncleBruce.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I picked up a couple of his Texas mini-jugs. He had some incredible stuff!
Would love to see any images you might have. You may have posted them already. New to the collection?
ROBBYBOBBY64

new2bottles

Reaction score
I usually don't participate in the large glass auctions, mainly because the items they have are not embossed beer bottles. A recent one did have embossed beers listed and those beers just happened to be from the collection of a late friend of mine Ralph Van Brocklin, so it became extra special. Anyway I got the bottle today, upon inspection the embossed beer hutchinson was not the right one. I had bid on and won their lot #463. Lot #464 had a replacement top and I did not bid on it. I have attached a photo the lots #463, #464 and the bottle I received today. You tell me what bottle I got? I am in contact with the auction company awaiting resolution. I will update as I learn more. Thanks for letting me vent as I am very agitated at the moment.
View attachment 215300
I don’t blame you at all. In fact, I know how you feel. It could be a mistake, but more likely somebody, effectively, stole your bottle.

We lived in England for a few years and I’d go to automobilia auctions. I won something once, but by the time I went to get it to take it home, it was gone. Somebody had gone up there and said they won it, paid for it and left. It was no mistake, obviously.

They sent you the one that didn’t sell, hoping for the best. But that one you bought went to somebody else, a better customer.

Don’t deal with this company ever again. If you don’t get your bottle, it wasn’t a mistake. It’s just what they do. They’re trying to make money, and pleasing important clients is key. You said you’re a nobody in these circles, and it shows.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum