I WON A BOTTLE ON AN AUCTION... BUT!!!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
It really was a good day yesterday. I received the correct hutchinson bottle in the mail. Note the top on the bottle at left having a "different" looking top it was the first bottle that came in the mail. The blob top had been replaced and while the color is technically cobalt it doesn't match. It had been described as such in the auction and was not the bottle I had bid on. The bottle at right also in the auction was the specimen I had bid on being described as all original having been lightly tumbled. It is a sweet hutchinson and a welcome addition to the collection. :D:D:D
nashville.jpg

Last edited:

Csa

Reaction score
You must be relieved. The bait and switch blob top wasn’t gonna cut it!

sandchip

Reaction score
I'm assuming the auction firm was GWA. I've dealt with them for many, many years. Sure, I've gotten bottles from them that weren't as described, and never once had any problem returning them for a full refund. It's gonna happen; they're handling a pile of glass. Same with NCH and AGG. The key is to keep your cool, remain polite, and not fly off the handle and start isssuing blanket condemnations as so perfectly illustrated in post #10. , And yes, it does indeed help to read every post in a thread before responding. In fact, I wouldn't even have posted the situation in the first place until that firm had had a chance to respond, but that's just me. The same sorta thing happened recently on Facebook concerning the technical glitch that occurred during the closing of NCH's last auction, unwarranted accusations and filthy language that was entirely uncalled for. I stuck it out and got my lot when it closed the following day for the same price that it was the night before. No, they weren't trying to run the bidding up and gouge participants. Is there a soul out there that's never had any computer problems of any kind? I doubt it.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi