Im going Dinosaur/fossil digging tomorrow in Sewell NJ!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Well I went to the Inversand glauconite mining pit today endured large crowds over (500 people) but still had a great time and brought home some of the asteroid debris that ended the dinosaurs rule on earth and some small vertabrae from a baby Croc 75 million years old!!. The Cretaceous–Paleogene (K–Pg) boundary (formerly known as the K-T boundary) is a geological signature, usually a thin band, dated to 65.5 ± 0.3 Ma (million years) ago. K is the traditional abbreviation for the Cretaceous period, and Pg is the abbreviation for the Paleogene period. The boundary marks the end of the Mesozoic era and the beginning of the Cenozoic era, and is associated with the Cretaceous–Paleogene extinction event, a mass extinction, which is considered to be the demise of the non-avian dinosaurs.The boundary layer was once known as the K–T boundary, but Tertiary has been deprecated as a formal time or rock unit by the International Commission on Stratigraphy.

The mineral is usually light to dark grey in color but when mixed with the green sand Marl in which 5/8ths of the entire Eastern and Southern parts of the state of New Jersey is completely covered in, it takes on a darker look. In the picture below taken far away you can see the boundary line running horizontally . Dinosaurs and other marine and land based animals including the following have been found at this site. Mosasaurus maximus, Hadrosaurus foulkii , giant sea turtles,Crocodiles,Fish,and many shell fossils are found BELOW this line. None are found above it. This holds true around the world as this iridium finger print is everywhere signaling a mass event never seen before in the earths history.

84FA7D5E8194441E9ECE6AF0373F8E14.jpg

Attachments

• 84FA7D5E8194441E9ECE6AF0373F8E14.jpg
    84FA7D5E8194441E9ECE6AF0373F8E14.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 47

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
I am fighting a resizing issue with this 100 K limit right now.

Dugout

Reaction score
Well I am waiting to see your pictures.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Renee I struggled to getting the pictures 100 k or less for this forum which limits the picture size to 100k. All of the other forums in the antique-bottles.net site allow a 200 k picture maximum. It doesnt sound like much but ( it is easy to see the difference in 100k verses 200k ) Check out my new post a couple of doors down. The same picture along with the rest of them are posted again in this new topic I created and it is not cropped to fit like the general Chat forum requires.
https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/Unexpected-Discoveries/forumid-29/tt.htm

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator