im not asking for help in id...but WTF???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

crystal

Reaction score
Found this beautiful beauty in a neighborhood creek that runs through an old dump...it was just laying there, butt in the air...glistening in the sun!! Weighs 10#, glass is abnormally thick and mis-shapen with seams up both sides but end before neck. No obvious tooling( but I'm new so ??) And finish is very uniform...considering how odd the other preportions seem. No letters, No numbers, no nothing to clue me in. No base seams or obvious punctures/ base markings. Uneven internal base surface, overall glass color is green-ish [>:]..with lots a tiny bubbles. I'm stumped...I think it falls in the weird early machined bottles...but idk. Its pretty scratched up and idk if the rusty-mold will ever come out...But, I love him!!! Photos next post

crystal

Reaction score
WWW.flicker.com/photos/crystal1975/10385487575/
WWW.flicker.com/photos/crystal1975/10385479696/in/photo stream/

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Weighs 10#
Welcome aboard.
Are you sure? One pound I can see, maybe a little more but not ten. It looks like a hand blown aqua Hutchinson. It's got some decent age so I'd keep scouting around, even doing some wading.

epackage

Reaction score
Hi, you found a hutchinson or hutch as collectors call them dating from 1880-1910, yours is closer to the 1900 time period, it would have had a paper label and held soda or mineral water. It would have to be 2 feet tall to weigh 10lbs. if that's what you were trying to convey but yes they are heavy little bottles due to their thickness. They are normally found with embossing telling the name of the company and the town, here is a site with alot of history on them....

http://hutchbook.com/Industry%20History/default.htm#The_Hutchinson_Era_(1879-WWI)

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
They were made thick because they were pressurized and because they were reused (banged around a lot in cleaning)

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Pretty neat find Crystal. It is an Hutchinson soda bottle. Everyone is correct. It had an internal metal stopper that sealed it and it was re-sealable. It's a very cool bottle type. I think that it is actually harder to find them unembossed than with writing on them. Neat bottle either way. Congrats!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown