In codd we trust.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Hi I found these two Cod Stoppers diving in Halifax Harbour not the cleanest place in the world. while poking around looking for bottles I came by an old rusty cable in a tangle on the bottom thinking anything under the cable if it didn't break should be untouched I moved around some of the pieces and came by these two codd stoppers
Were your Codds embossed? I'd like to get my hands on a Canadian Codd one of these days, not sure how much the Eastern ones tend to go for. I know the BC Codds are way beyond my price range but I think the ones from Montreal might be more common.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Not sure what variation I have. That pic I had saved on my computer from when I first got that like 5+ years ago. I still have the Bottle, Just don't know where it is. It's boxed up somewhere, with 1,000+ bottles & 3,000 beer cans I don't have enough room to display it all so many cans & bottles boxed up. LEON.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Not sure what variation I have. That pic I had saved on my computer from when I first got that like 5+ years ago. I still have the Bottle, Just don't know where it is. It's boxed up somewhere, with 1,000+ bottles & 3,000 beer cans I don't have enough room to display it all so many cans & bottles boxed up. LEON.
You have the same issue i have...now where did i put that bottle syndrome. Thanks for the reply buddy. The govoner of new jersey is reopening all the state parks this saturday may 2nd. I see light at the end of this horrible tunnel. ROBBYBOBBY64

Cogg

Reaction score
I recently aquired my first American codd bottle circa 1885-1915. Standard Mineral Water Brinton & Brosius Philadelphia. It is in good shape, and has the marble and rubber gasket also.View attachment 206062View attachment 206063
What a great find. I was on a cruise last fall and went in a shop and saw 2 antique bottles shaped like this. I wanted to go back and buy them both but didn't have the time. Dang it!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
May I ask (as a total greenhorn to collecting), what is a Codd?
What a great find. I was on a cruise last fall and went in a shop and saw 2 antique bottles shaped like this. I wanted to go back and buy them both but didn't have the time. Dang it!
Strike while the irons hot. When i was a little kid i went in a store with my brother and saw a conetop beercan i dont remember which one. We asked how much? He said give me 5 bucks. We freaked out ran home got the money ran back and the guy said sorry i just sold it. What a skunk. Don't ever act like we did. Put on your best poker face and don't show your hand early.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac