In possession of one of the Largest Antique Glass Bottle Collection

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: westernbittersnut

I would be interested in the Catawba Wine Bitters, this is a bottle from Cincinnati, OH. However there was an agent in S.F. by the name of George T. Grimes, and several of these bottles have been dug here in the west. Thanks for any consideration on this.

I was thinking that the Catawba Wine Bitters was a product of P. H. Drake & Co of NEW YORK .

westernbittersnut

Reaction score
Brian,

You are correct as well. That Brown & Drake Catawba Wine Bitters ladys leg bottle is a New York product. We also have a Chalmer's Catawba Wine Bitters whiskey cylinder shape bottle from Coloma, Ca as well. So until the seller clarifies which of the three styles it is, I guess we will never know.

sandchip

Reaction score
I might be interested in one of those whickered demijohns, but only if we can clarify whether they're wickered or whiskered.

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: westernbittersnut

Brian,

You are correct as well. That Brown & Drake Catawba Wine Bitters ladys leg bottle is a New York product. We also have a Chalmer's Catawba Wine Bitters whiskey cylinder shape bottle from Coloma, Ca as well. So until the seller clarifies which of the three styles it is, I guess we will never know.

I'm guessing it is not the Chalmer's or the Brown & Drake .
His description said Green coloration ..... The Chalmer's are Aqua , and the Brown & Drake ladies leg are in Amber/Puce .
Probably the P.H. Drake & Co. Catawba Wine square with the grape motif .... Green is the most common colration for this variant. A VERY RARE Bitters !

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi