Indian Queen - clear @12K

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

whiskeyman

Reaction score
http://www.rtam.com/glassworks_catalog/cgi-bin/CATALL.CGI

119. "BROWN’S / CELEBRATED / INDIAN HERB BITTERS - PATENTED / FEB. 11 / 1868", (B-226), American, ca. 1868 - 1875, clear glass with amethyst tone Indian Queen, 12 1/8"h, smooth base, sheared and ground lip. A minor in manufacturing 1/4" by 3/16" chip off the side of the lip occurred when the lip was ground. Some light inside stain, (possibly dried contents) exists. You are bidding on what is probably the rarest of all the Indian Queen bottles. It is one of possibly only three known examples in this coloration. Of the three, (and we’ve sold all of them), this one has the most pinkish color, enough so that depending on what light you view it in gives it a rainbow appearance. The ground lip appears to have been purposely pinched in on both sides to create a slight pouring spout. This is a new find to the market, recently discovered at a tag sale in the Seattle, Washington area. You won’t believe what it sold for, we sure didn’t!

**for sure, I'll never get one of these...[&:]

27F10FCBF6604FF083DE930CB6453E4C.jpg

Attachments

• 27F10FCBF6604FF083DE930CB6453E4C.jpg
    27F10FCBF6604FF083DE930CB6453E4C.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 70

Lordbud

Reaction score
I'm sure this is a great rarity and a nice figural bitters. Some of these were originally painted to highlight the details. But even if I win the lottery
this isn't my cup of tea as far as what I like to collect.

glass man

Reaction score
MAN I ALWAYS WANTED A INDIAN QUEEN...THE AMBER ONE WOULD BE FINE WITH ME.

I ONCE A HAD LIME GREEN QUART BOTTLE FROM PEN YAN NEW YORK ..CANDEVERES[BEST OF MY MEMORY] I HAD JUST GOTTEN BACK INTO BOTTLE COLLECTING...BEFORE I HAD ONLY COLLECTED PATENT MED. BOTTLES,SO I KNEW LITTLE BOUT OTHER TYPES OF BOTTLES AND I THOUGHT THIS NEAR MINT BOTTLE WAS A BLOB BEER...NOPE IT WAS A HUTCH!!

I SOLD IT FOR$30 THOGHT I DID GOOD CAUSE I GAVE $15.I KNEW I WAS SCREWED CAUSE A PERSON CAME RIGHT BY ME AS A PERSON WAS NEGOTIATING THE PRICE AND I HAD ALREADY TOLD HIM WHAT I WOULD TAKE...THE PERSON THAT CAME BY SAID "I WILL GIVE YOU $75 FOR IT"!!

LATER THE PERSON THAT OFFERED MY $75 SAID THE GUY THAT BOUGHT IT OFF ME HAD BEEN OFFERED AN INDIAN QUEEN AND TURNED IT DOWN!!DAMN! [:mad:]

ANY WAY COOL TO SEE THE ONE YOU POSTED ON HERE!!JAMIE

blade

Reaction score
I was told buy a good source that the bottle was grouped together with other bottles and it sold for $ 1.

jays emporium

Reaction score
I can believe that. If I didn't know much about bottles I'd think that was a reproduction modeled after the original, which of course was only made in amber.

Oldtimer

Reaction score
It doesn't do much for me. If I owned it and was offered $12000 I'd take it and be half drunk in Hawaii before they got it home.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I probably would have guess it was a repro if I saw it but I would ahve still paid more than a dollar[;)] What can you get for a dollar these days?

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
An Aqua example sold for 16,000.00 + in the early 90's I believe .
Any coloration other than Amber is very rare in these Queens . And they demand heavy price tags.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac