Indian Rock Ginger Ale/Coca Cola Bottling Co just ended at over $1,000

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

beendiggin

Reaction score
Wow, that's a lot of cash. Not to take anything awy from this cool botle, because it is a nice one, but I thought if the words "Coca- Cola" were in block letters instead of script it wasn't considered to be a coke, thereby lessening the value. Am I wrong about that? Doesn't that mean it's not technically a "Coke" bottle? I'm curious as to what drove the price so high.

celerycola

Reaction score
Indian Rock Ginger Ale was a product of the independent Adam Christian Company and bottled under their authority by bottlers of Coca-Cola, Pepsi-Cola, Celery-Cola, Mint-Cola and other bottlers in various towns. Only the Richmond Pepsi bottler used their script trademark on the Ginger Ale tenpin bottle along with the Indian Rock script on the shoulder.

The Indian Rock bottles are neat early soda waters and the only tenpin bottles marked Coca-Cola or Pepsi as far as I know. The only bottle I can compare them with are the Bludwines bottled by Coca-Cola.

celerycola

Reaction score
Coca-Cola was a one-brand company until the 1950's when they started selling Fanta flavors. Pepsi was the same. Chero-Cola had the Union flavors in the teens and the Melo flavors in the 1920's before creating NEHI.

Coke and other major brand bottlers also bottled drinks like Nu-Grape, Squeeze, Crush, and others that did not compete with their flagship cola.

I'm typing this about forty miles from you at Massanetta Springs where I visit one weekend a month. I'm planning to be back for the Harrisonburg Bottle Show and Fislersville Antique Expo in April. Maybe our paths will cross.

ncbred

Reaction score
Here is my heartbreaker. I'd love to know how many towns Coca Cola bottled this in. Dennis, you said Mint Cola used to bottle Indian Rock. Have you ever seen one of those bottles?

dxhgso.jpg

crozet86

Reaction score
That would be at the Expoland antique fair for sure but dont think ill be at the Harrisonburg bottle show due to prior commitment unless that falls through.Hope we can meet and talk some bottles.Thanks for the soda info.. after all the digging i have done ive only been interested in local bottles but now i have found myself wanting to expand my knowledge on different types of bottles such as sodas.By the way massanutta springs is a beautiful place havent been there in quite awhile.

celerycola

Reaction score
I know I've seen a Mint-Cola/Indian Rock ten pin. I don't find it on the computer or in my notes but I may have something on it somewhere. It would have to be a NC bottle.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky