Indian trees- secret hidding spot from gold mining days...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

blade

Reaction score
I heard if you find a large X on the ground there might be a treasure under it .[8D]

oaks6810

Reaction score
I like this topic. Now as I have thought about it for a while it does seem to obvious for back in the day to hid something worth value in a tree like that. I don't know about native Americans stashing bottles but I do know for a fact they buried lots of other items. For example I found a 35 chunk of float copper metal decting over the summer. In top soil, someone buried that.. 2,000 maybe 3,000 years ago. its out there... Sorry if I have gotten of topic.

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
no question that early American's left caches of items (for various reasons).
They found a pile of nice stone blades in a cave south of here.
You just have to separate myth from reality.
I know people who will swear that every hump of earth in the woods is an "indian grave"

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Weird story.

I heard that they hid really valuable and seldom seen indian hand-blown free-formed glass vials that held the medicine man's most powerful psychotropic drugs in the knots of trees and these spots are now entirely grown over by the knot. So, you have to carefully cut up the knots with a tiny whittling tool so that you don't damage the indian glass. I have tried this technique on twenty trees and found seventeen indian artifacts (but six were just peace pipes and / or tepee poles.)

frozenmonkeyface

Reaction score
This is very cool. My great grandmother was full blooded Cherokee, you would think I would know things like this, but when she was alive, I was very young and she creeped me out to be honest. I need to ask my grandmother about it.
I bet she knows of some things.

When my brother was a baby, he had thrush so bad my mom and dad were going crazy. The doctor tried everything but my brother would not stop crying. My mom took him to my great grandmother who took him into the woods. My dad didn't like the idea, but was willing at this point to try anything. They were out there for about 15 minutes and when they came back my brother was so quite it worried my dad. Turns out he was sleeping and he was healed. His thrush cleared up completely over the next 12 hours.

They do not know what she did and my mom told him not to ask. haha.

Off topic, but figured I would share. haha.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis