Inflated scam gallery prices guessing game

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottles_inc

Reaction score
So I've been getting magazine catalogs from a well known scam antique gallery for years. I stay on the mailing list because sometimes, the contents make me laugh. Today, I got one and flipped to the American section, and saw some lots of bottles, which I've put pictures of below. Take a look at each lot and try to guess a reasonable price for each one. After that, scroll down for the actual prices each one is listed for.

20191226_184759.jpg
20191226_184810-jpg.200902
20191226_184826.jpg

Ok, ready? Here's the actual prices.
20191226_185010.jpg

Crazy, right? These guys are well known for buying fakes from overseas workshops and jacking up the prices of pretty much everything 20-30 times in the hopes of catching old people and NYC tourists in their trap. Take a look at some more insanely priced bottles here. http://www.sadighgallery.com/american.html
I should take a trip to NYC and stand outside their shop with a box of my extras priced at 5 bucks a pop.

Attachments

• 20191226_184810.jpg
    20191226_184810.jpg
    659.3 KB · Views: 601

slugplate

Reaction score
It's horrifying to think there are people out there who'd even consider buying that crap in the first place. They're not an antique shop, they're an asylum.

bottles_inc

Reaction score
That is rather amusing. Where do they come up with their prices?
They probably experimentally determined how much clueless people would pay, which would sadly mean someone or multiple someones payed these prices before. Or maybe they just put these up this high like bait, hoping to catch someone especially gullible.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
They probably experimentally determined how much clueless people would pay, which would sadly mean someone or multiple someones payed these prices before. Or maybe they just put these up this high like bait, hoping to catch someone especially gullible.
I suppose those who fall for that aren't at the highest lumen rating in the bulb aisle. I always shop around be it a catalog, web-page, or store's item!

Brewster113

Reaction score
Happy New Years
Just looked at the gallery site and was gobsmacked at the prices, wonder how they live with themselves. Not just the bottles but all of there other items.
Bruce

Screwtop

Reaction score
I suppose those who fall for that aren't at the highest lumen rating in the bulb aisle. I always shop around be it a catalog, web-page, or store's item!

1. I find an item I want.

2. I see if I can find it anywhere else for cheaper.

3. If I can't, I'll haggle with the seller.

4. If the seller does not budge, I wait for a while.

5. Seller gets bored, lowers price, I take it. Bingo.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown