Info Needed Please

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SuperK7384

Reaction score
Hi,I found this while riding down a backroad behind my house.. any info and how much its worth would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks
20220507_182910.jpg

Attachments

• 20220507_182843.jpg
    20220507_182843.jpg
    350.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 20220507_182854.jpg
    20220507_182854.jpg
    348.2 KB · Views: 98

Tom smith

Reaction score
It's a straight-side Coke bottle. It's pre-1915. I can't read the city on it. Some people on this forum have the Coke bottle guide they would be able to give you a relative price.

DavidW

Reaction score
Looks like the city is Jackson, Tennessee. That is a "BLOCK LETTER" type bottle .

From what I have read and heard, the "Block style lettered" Coke bottles (that do not have the Cursive Handwriting "Coca Cola" trademark in the glass), did not contain their regular "Cola-flavored" soda ---- they were made for the Coca-Cola Bottling Company's OTHER kinds of "flavored sodas" such as lemon lime, orange soda, grape soda, root beer, strawberry soda, ginger ale or whatever.

Bill Porter's "Coke Bottle Checklist" doesn't list the "block letter" type Coke bottles, only those with the Cursive writing trademark somewhere on the bottle.

treasurekidd

Reaction score
What DavidW wrote is accurate regarding the block style lettering. Coca Cola was never bottled in anything except the script lettered bottles. Block letter bottles were for the other flavors bottled at the plant. On your bottle, I would guess maybe $30-$50 worth, or possibly more if a couple of local collectors get into a bidding war over it. Nice bottle!!

hemihampton

Reaction score
I agree with the others, some will say not really a Coke since it did not contain Coca Cola. Because of this they are much less valuable & much less desirable. Does yours have Damage? If so, I'd guess $5-$10 Bottle. Maybe $20-$30 with no Damage. Just my Opinion, others will vary. LEON.

SuperK7384

Reaction score
It's a straight-side Coke bottle. It's pre-1915. I can't read the city on it. Some people on this forum have the Coke bottle guide they would be able to give you a relative price.
The city on it is Jackson Tennessee, a city that's maybe 15 mins from where I found it. Thanks for the info!

SuperK7384

Reaction score
Looks like the city is Jackson, Tennessee. That is a "BLOCK LETTER" type bottle .

From what I have read and heard, the "Block style lettered" Coke bottles (that do not have the Cursive Handwriting "Coca Cola" trademark in the glass), did not contain their regular "Cola-flavored" soda ---- they were made for the Coca-Cola Bottling Company's OTHER kinds of "flavored sodas" such as lemon lime, orange soda, grape soda, root beer, strawberry soda, ginger ale or whatever.

Bill Porter's "Coke Bottle Checklist" doesn't list the "block letter" type Coke bottles, only those with the Cursive writing trademark somewhere on the bottle.
Thank you for the info!!

SuperK7384

Reaction score
What DavidW wrote is accurate regarding the block style lettering. Coca Cola was never bottled in anything except the script lettered bottles. Block letter bottles were for the other flavors bottled at the plant. On your bottle, I would guess maybe $30-$50 worth, or possibly more if a couple of local collectors get into a bidding war over it. Nice bottle!!
Thank you and thanks for the info!!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp