Inspiring Story...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
I just want to relay a little story written up in Florida paper about my friend Rina today...

4 years ago Rina and her husband Hank decided they wanted to adopt a child so they looked into everything and decided they were going to adopt a little baby girl from China, at the time they had three young boys. After they got Myah and brought her home it was nothing but trips to doctors and hospitals because of horrible treatment and conditions from the orphanage, it was then that Rina decided she wanted to do something to help kids in her area of Florida. She ended up starting a small program in her sons schools called Elev8Hope, it was aimed at helping those less fortunate kids and families with books, school supplies and whatever else they needed. It's grown rapidily and they provide all kinds of things now including food for those in need.

The other day Rina was at the school and she saw a little boy walking in with a paper bag in his hands and she asked him what he had in the bag. He told her it was food for the program to feed those in need, Rina looked at him and said "You don't need to bring food for the program, we gave your family that food to help you out." The little boy looked up at her and said "I'm always taking, I need to give back.". when I found the story in the paper I was overwhelmed and let Rina know what a great job she was doing and how much I loved her for it. That little boy's quote was so inspring to me I just thought I should share it with you all...Jim

http://www.elev8hope.com/

Rina with her three boys and Myah along with a few others...

2A994A27E2C74C68875C1485FD02A643.jpg

Attachments

• 2A994A27E2C74C68875C1485FD02A643.jpg
    2A994A27E2C74C68875C1485FD02A643.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 83

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Nice story Jim,it looks like she will do well with this program. Thanks for posting it

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Great story Jim!! We really need more people like her in this country there are a lot of people that need all the help they can get. A lot of people do not know that donations to charitable institutions all over the country are really down now. I hope others read this and will give to there local charities as they all need the help.........Andy

epackage

Reaction score
I made a mistake with what I typed, her daughter wasn't "mistreated" at the orphanage in China, the treatment for her ailments was sorely lacking, thanks for the kind words about Rina...[;)]

bostaurus

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

I made a mistake with what I typed, her daughter wasn't "mistreated" at the orphanage in China, the treatment for her ailments was sorely lacking, thanks for the kind words about Rina...[;)]
Unfortunately you hear that a lot. The Chinese, Romanian, and Russian (probably others) orphanages have so many children and so little staff/funds that the children end up socially/medically/emotionally neglected.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator