Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Interesting L.Q.C. Wishart's Pine Tree Tar Cordial

thomasg

Nov 18, 2019
I have an L.Q.C. Wishart's Pine Tree Tar Cordial that has an interesting double impression of the "1859" date. Has anyone seen this before, and does it do anything for the value? Bottle is far from sparkling mint, but is in good shape. It would be interesting to see it tumbled.

Attachments

Robby Raccoon

Jun 14, 2014
Locō movērī
Glass slides in poorly vented molds and can put embossing all over the place. It's not a product of the engraved mould but of the glass hitting air in the mould and causing it to move. You see this most commonly in Brookfield insulators where letters and entire words or numbers slide as far as the dome and at weird angles.

thomasg

Nov 18, 2019
I to love the crude imperfections of early bottles. I have an early Bromo Seltzer in aqua with a backwards "Z" I will be posting soon. Think I know how that happened, but I am curious about it's value.

slugplate

Jul 7, 2016
Heck, I would suspect a fair price between $125-$175, of course it all depends on the market and on the overall condition. If you list it, I'm sure you'll get some nibbles... especially since it's Civil War era.

slugplate

Jul 7, 2016
BTW, think carefully before tumbling it. There is a fine line with collectors about whether to tumble a bottle or not. The patina and iridescence are important to some collectors.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Horbie96