irregular dark amethyst screw-top bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

dayzo

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a strange bottle I can't identify. It is a very dark amethyst, which you can really only see when you shine a light through it. The entire bottle has an irregular, rough surface, except for a smooth part in the center where I'm sure a label went, but the label is long since gone, as well as the lid. There is no embossing anywhere on the bottle, not even the bottom, making it difficult to do searches about it. Does anybody know who the maker of this bottle might be, and the purpose?
(I've put this in the "before 1900" section because I found this in a box of antique bottles at an estate sale, and almost every other bottle in the box is pre-1900s so I'm assuming the collector targeted that era.)
Thanks in advance to anybody who can recognize it or provide help identifying it!
-Fio

Attachments

• 52b.jpg
    52b.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 138
  • 52c.jpg
    52c.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 148
  • 52 inside1.jpg
    52 inside1.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 133

nhpharm

Reaction score
Pretty bottle...I think it was a whiskey nip. I saw one painted gold once and I think they were supposed to look like a gold nugget or something to that effect-maybe commemorating the Alaska gold rush? Could be a lump of coal too in that color!

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky