Is anyone famliar with the glass co. 3 Rivers *

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BARQS19

Reaction score
If anyone has any bottles that say on the bottom or base: 3 RIVERS *, 3R*, 3RG* (I think) and BALL * let me know. These are highly sought after bottles. 3 Rivers was the glass making co. and you have 3 rivers collectors that collect only for the glass maker. That is why some embossed bottles go for more than others when they have this on them. Most of the bottles this would be found on are embossed clear bottles sent to most southern states, correct me if they went anywhere else because I'd like to know too. 3 Rivers was in business for in 1922-1937 (again correct me if I'm wrong, going what the collector told me) Some bottles are common, most are not and usually go pretty high.
Robert

flasherr

Reaction score
3 rivers bottles were made in Three rivers Texas. From my understanding they were only in business for a few years. They were bought by Ball I believe. Three rivers makes a big difference in the value of a bottle. I only own 2 a Big Boy that is cracked and a Pic-off. I missed out on a 3 rivers longhorn coke bottle for $35. the guy said he was going to bring it for me and then sold it to another guy. That would have been a really good bottle. Most people don't realize the difference it makes. so when you see an embossed common bottle always keep an eye out for the maker you might get a real bargain.
Brian

flasherr

Reaction score
I just found this. I know nothing about the book.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46685&item=3827890733&rd=1
Brian

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles