Is it American Glass Works?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
These bottles have the A in a circle embossed in the center of their bases and date about 1930. I´m trying to identify the glasshouse. I know that the American Glass Works use a mark like this, but I´m not sure because my bottles are not American. I know that company existed since 1909 until 1936, so the period of time also matches.
I´m asking emages of that mark and bottle bodies to make comparisons. Please!

Attachments

• OVALOS.jpg
    OVALOS.jpg
    520.3 KB · Views: 111
  • OVALOS base.jpg
    OVALOS base.jpg
    493.4 KB · Views: 103
  • base CIFÓN PINI.jpg
    base CIFÓN PINI.jpg
    718.6 KB · Views: 111
  • base UNTISAL.jpg
    base UNTISAL.jpg
    483.8 KB · Views: 111

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Almost certainly not. Based on the info from SHA, it's not known for certain whether or not they actually were the ones using that logo and if they did ever use it they stopped well before 1930. https://sha.org/bottle/pdffiles/AmGWRichmond.pdf

The Armstrong Cork Co is another glassmaker which used that logo, but they didn't start making bottles until 1938 which may be too late for yours. I think instead it's probably a South American glassmaker, it would have been an odd business decision to ship bottles all the way from the US to Patagonia when there were manufacturers located closer to home.

Reaction score
. I think instead it's probably a South American glassmaker, it would have been an odd business decision to ship bottles all the way from the US to Patagonia when there were manufacturers located closer to home.
[/QUOTE]
That´s right the most. Thank Canadian for all this information.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky