Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Is this a colonial Williamsburg repro

geordie

Jul 23, 2008
Shaft and globe style European bottle with WM below a crown seal (William and Mary?) small kick up in base with solid broken pontil mark.I have already posted on UK bottle digging site and they came to the conclusion it was a Williamsburg repro, I have decided to post here as you folks may have already seen another one.

Attachments

GuntherHess

Dec 13, 2004
Frederick Maryland
It seems like something they could of made, or the Jamestown Glasshouse. The Williamsburg stuff is often marked CW. It doesnt seem to be a piece they currently make. Its hard to really tell much from that photo. If its a repro it looks like it was made pretty well. Show a photo of the pontil mark if you can and a close up of the seal.

geordie

Jul 23, 2008
If it is a modern bottle it was made in the United States as that is where I got it from, there must be others out there as surely it must be too much trouble to produce a one off, the seal stamping device would be far more costly to produce than the bottles value. I will be suprized and a little puzzled if no one has seen another. Thanks for your help and advice, opinions.

geordie

Jul 23, 2008
I am adding a link to the original post on the Bottle digging UK site.http://www.bottledigging.org.uk/Forum/Topic74148-5-1.aspx

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wjpetrovics