is this a druggist bottle ? anything worth while in the mix

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
I'm clearly spending way too much time looking thru online sales listing , this morning I came across another ad. but this one is from a local seller in my town , younger women she had worked at a local grocery store had seen her there before but don't really know her well .

but anyways she posted an add saying she had some older bottles for sale , initial picture shows a messy pile and hard to tell what is there , is a bottle in far right with writing but can't tell what its for

managed to get her to send some more pictures which show different bottles not in first picture , one appears to be a corked druggist bottle but I can't tell if it has a name on it and she didn't seem to know , also appears to be a corked raleighs bottle and an octagon jar but not seeing much

some I can id are just green plain 7 oz , Canada dry , coca cola , certo mixer , clear and amber bottles

she said her father found the bottles in a small dump but she didn't say if it was in this area or not ? I tried to enlarge the druggist but unsure if anything is on it

$_59.jpg
$_1.jpg
$_1 (4).jpg
$_1 (3).jpg
$_1 (2).jpg
$_1 (1).jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I definitely can't make out any embossing on the druggist bottles there. I can see a Campana's Italian Balm but that's it.

logueb

Reaction score
The Coca Cola bottle appears to be a 1915 almost clear soda. The pinch-in near the bottom was more on the 1915 and not so much on the 1923. Would love to see a close up on this one and what city it is from. Not sure on the other clear soda-Whistle, Squirt ,Canada Dry??? . The rest appear to be usual 1910's thru 1930's.

RCO

Reaction score
I definitely can't make out any embossing on the druggist bottles there. I can see a Campana's Italian Balm but that's it.

Campana's Italian balm ? ok that makes sense I though it said balm but wasn't sure what it was for , is it like worth anything ? I don't recall finding it before

some of the druggist bottles are obviously clear corked bottles with no embossing .

I though maybe there was some sort of name or design on the dirty small corked one in second pic , can't see it now , but when I maximized it ,
never seen the bottles in person and with covid I doubt it would be worth the hassle for whats there

RCO

Reaction score
The Coca Cola bottle appears to be a 1915 almost clear soda. The pinch-in near the bottom was more on the 1915 and not so much on the 1923. Would love to see a close up on this one and what city it is from. Not sure on the other clear soda-Whistle, Squirt ,Canada Dry??? . The rest appear to be usual 1910's thru 1930's.

the clear soda is a Canada dry bottle without the acl its missing so not worth anything

pretty sure the coca cola is from the 1960's ,they used a bottle like that here and it has coca cola in white paint , the paint appears to be missing

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Campana's Italian balm ? ok that makes sense I though it said balm but wasn't sure what it was for , is it like worth anything ? I don't recall finding it before

some of the druggist bottles are obviously clear corked bottles with no embossing .

I though maybe there was some sort of name or design on the dirty small corked one in second pic , can't see it now , but when I maximized it ,
never seen the bottles in person and with covid I doubt it would be worth the hassle for whats there

It's a common one. Not worth more than a couple bucks. I was wondering about the one in the second pic as well but I really don't see any indication that it is embossed.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score

Canadian Coke bottles are almost all clear, so that one isn't anything special. Ironically if you find a very early Canadian Coke it'll often be aqua. And sadly ours don't have cities, I really envy the Americans for that. Makes collecting ours a lot less interesting.

RCO

Reaction score
It's a common one. Not worth more than a couple bucks. I was wondering about the one in the second pic as well but I really don't see any indication that it is embossed.

the druggist was the only one I though had any potential , as it appears to be older based on shape/size although they used corked bottles like that for a while so tough to date

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I agree with the balm assessment. In the 5th picture is a Rexall bottle on the far right. The amber med bottle in the first picture looks side embossed. I can't see clearly, some of these pictures lack clarity.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

logueb

Reaction score
Oops, I failed to recognize these were Canadian bottles. I am so use to American bottles. They look so similar.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panama Canal digger