Is this a fake Mason, bottom mark looks like modern font.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

dumpicker

Reaction score
MPN pint block letters.jpg

Pint Mason, Block Print, Shoulder not Square or Rounded, Whittled and a nice Swirl, Top looks ground to me,Side seams extend to top through the threads, But the bottom marks look new to me (But I'm a beginner)
MPN Aqua Bottom mark.jpg

To the left of marks is a small glob of glass, to the right of marks is a big seed
Whittling and Swirling.jpg

Nice Whittlin and A big swirl
Shoulder view.jpg

shoulder is neither flat or rounded, its like an angle,appears to have a mold seam just below the angled shoulder
Ground Lip.jpg

Lip sure looks ground to me.
Boyd lid.jpg

Boyd Genuine Porcelain Lined

coreya

Reaction score
nice jar, kind of hard to tell from the photos but looks like a # 1784 in the Red Book.

Reaction score
View attachment 236909
Pint Mason, Block Print, Shoulder not Square or Rounded, Whittled and a nice Swirl, Top looks ground to me,Side seams extend to top through the threads, But the bottom marks look new to me (But I'm a beginner)
View attachment 236910
To the left of marks is a small glob of glass, to the right of marks is a big seed
View attachment 236912
View attachment 236913
shoulder is neither flat or rounded, its like an angle,appears to have a mold seam just below the angled shoulder
View attachment 236914
View attachment 236915
It's real. Similar to one I have.

SandiR

Reaction score
It's real. No doubt. Some of the lips look like that. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I suspect that is from use. I don't know if machines ever made them like that, and they would make a bad seal. It's definitely made in a machine - I would suspect 1890-1920. Not sure if that text is specific to a time period. Can't ID from just the "C/3" on the base. The dot to the left is possibly a vent hole for the mould.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
View attachment 236909
View attachment 236910
View attachment 236912
View attachment 236913
View attachment 236914
View attachment 236915
No doubt the lid is real. The jar may/may not be another matter. In any case, for a newbie, you have a good eye, Dumpicker. Keep collecting!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu