Is this a fake Mason, bottom mark looks like modern font.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

K6TIM

Reaction score
View attachment 236909
Pint Mason, Block Print, Shoulder not Square or Rounded, Whittled and a nice Swirl, Top looks ground to me,Side seams extend to top through the threads, But the bottom marks look new to me (But I'm a beginner)
View attachment 236910
To the left of marks is a small glob of glass, to the right of marks is a big seed
View attachment 236912
Nice Whittlin and A big swirl
View attachment 236913
shoulder is neither flat or rounded, its like an angle,appears to have a mold seam just below the angled shoulder
View attachment 236914
Lip sure looks ground to me.
View attachment 236915
Boyd Genuine Porcelain Lined

jarsnstuff

Reaction score
I have other lids, what would the original look like ?
View attachment 236957
View attachment 236958
Glass insert says Ball No.10
3 zincs say: Genuine Zinc Cap for Ball Mason Jars
Save your Hero Cross lid for a Hero jar, it'll add $10 or so to the value, more if it has a lug (can't tell for sure in your photos). For the jar you pictured, I'd use a plain unmarked zinc lid.

K6TIM

Reaction score
Do you really think they fake mason jars? They are not work that much!The only fake or reproduction are found on HISTORIC FLASKS.

jarsnstuff

Reaction score
Do you really think they fake mason jars? They are not work that much!The only fake or reproduction are found on HISTORIC FLASKS.
There are fake mason jars all over eBay on any given day! These are modern jars, made in China or India. They come in many eye-appealing colors. Unscrupulous dealers buy them up cheap then try to sell them as the real thing. Sometimes newbies buy them, pay too much, and get discouraged - sad to say.

Attachments

• repros.jpg
    repros.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 102

shotdwn

Reaction score
If you actually believe what you said in this statement then you need to stop giving advice on bottles to people. There are fakes and reproductions in all categories of bottles.

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
1970s or 80s ot so the MASON jars were made in a variety of colors and so for decorative uses. They were called the DREAM SERIES. No shame in these modern jars as they are now bringing $40+ for single examples. Who would have known. Could have bought dozens of these back in the day. They were very inexpensive.

jarsnstuff

Reaction score
1970s or 80s ot so the MASON jars were made in a variety of colors and so for decorative uses. They were called the DREAM SERIES. No shame in these modern jars as they are now bringing $40+ for single examples. Who would have known. Could have bought dozens of these back in the day. They were very inexpensive.
Here are 6 of the Dream Series midget pints. I think one should expect to pay $60 - $120 for one.

Attachments

• Mason's Patent repros1.JPG
    Mason's Patent repros1.JPG
    178.6 KB · Views: 101
  • Masons Patent repros2.JPG
    Masons Patent repros2.JPG
    178.9 KB · Views: 106

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members