Is this a rare soda? Odd town.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MedBottle1

Reaction score
Walk & Leonard
Green Island, NY

I picked up this bottle from an antique store in Florida. At the time I thought it was interesting, being an "island" in NY I had never heard of. I called the town hall and no one there knew anything of the company or the bottle and nothing further came of it. I was told that someone did know of an old dump site that people were digging around but thought it was the next town over. Its a fairly large bottle, maybe half the size of a two liter. I cannot find any info online about the company or bottlers in the area. The town is .90 sq. miles with a population of less than 3,000.

Anyone know anything about it?

100.jpg
1001.jpg

Canadacan

Reaction score
Sorry I got nothing for you, I did an initial search on the news paper archives but got no returns or see anything, it may take a while to get any info at all. You might get something on Library of Congress, or search FB for groups specific to New York,...seems many people have moved away from these sites?...or are just lurking and not engaging.

nhpharm

Reaction score
I see where their facility was used as a polling place in November 1916. Other than that, real quiet. Likely short-lived and probably rare...sadly for that part of the world I'm not sure that rare equates to worth much but certainly a nice clean example!

Canadacan

Reaction score
Yes that is true with some of the bottles we have....rare but not worth much money....you need to find someone that specializes in NY state bottles.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18