Is this anything?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lpalta

Reaction score
This is one of several I came across while planting alongside the silo, most the caps are either loose or gone, and some have hair line cracks. I downloaded Picasa but don't know how to use it to make picture smaller, help please?

Tr49998.jpg

Picture reduced in size - please see Help - Using the Forum ---> Uploading a Picture - Admin

Welcome to Antique-Bottles.Net lpalta !! When you use the export function in Picasa you can adjust the size at which your pictures are exported. - Admin

Attachments

• Tr49998.jpg
    Tr49998.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 80

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey Lucy, Welcome to the forum! Ginger beers are quite collectable. Some are worth more than others monatarily (like all bottles.) Cracks will devalue a bottle about as quick as anything. Gingers are not my field, but I bet if some of our UK or Aussie members see this, they can tell you what you 've got. Looks like a nice little keeper to me![:D] Happy Diggin, Kelley

KentOhio

Reaction score
Great finds! Your bottles are catalogued in "Ginger Beer and Root Beer Heritage," by Don and Betsy Yates, as NY-105. New York had the greatest number of different ginger beer bottles, at 151. Your bottles were used between 1895 and 1906. Value, without cracks (having stoppers or not) is listed as $50-$75. Congratulations!

lpalta

Reaction score
I busted/cracked several of these thinking it was tiles from silo. So far I have seven in reasonably good shape. More to come.

This one from House Bros, Rochester, NY

th_RochesterGingerBeerBottle.jpg

Murphy Bros, Syracuse, NY

th_SyracuseGingerBeerBottle.jpg

kumtow

Reaction score
Great finds Lucy. I hope you find heaps more. Ginger beers are always a great bottle to add to your collection. Try to leave the stoppers as complete as possible if they have them.

KentOhio

Reaction score
The House Bros. bottle is from 1888-1932. It's worth $35-$50. Any others that are different?

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvergatal