It Comes With The Territory

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

slugplate

Reaction score
I've been hunting this old military base for bottles for a long time. The things I come across are sometimes very interesting. I've found the nose detonator for an artillery projectile and, believe it or not, a live 75mm round. I called the police, who called the bomb squad that later detonated it. It left a nice crater when I returned to check it out a few days later. Truth of the matter is that I'm in my sixties and let me tell you I could have beaten the world record holder, Hussein (sp?) Bolt, in the hundred meter sprint. LOL. Going through thorn bushes, saplings, flotsam and holly trees was no issue at that point. So, here are some spent M1 Garrand rounds I uncovered today. They are stamped cartridges from WWII, '42-'45.

Attachments

• IMG_7431.JPG
    IMG_7431.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 178

slugplate

Reaction score
My grandfather would be running past you to get to the round. He loved WWII stuff.
I find some interesting stuff around there. My favorites was a .50 cal cartridge and two artillery uniform pins. Of which, I gave to a friend of mine who loves militaria. I also gave him a nose piece of an artillery round which was amazingly in good shape considering the projectile must have exploded - some really jagged edges on it.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi