It is that time of year again unfortunatley........

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
The National Hurricane center is not calling for this one yet officially but even on their computer model site there is no denying that a major land falling hurricane is quite likely on the way. A major land falling hurricane is possible in the time period September 8th to 11th for the Eastern Seaboard from Virginia to Northern Georgia. More and more computer model runs are beginning to show a large storm with a well defined eye and a central pressure of 958. What does all that mean you might ask . Well it could very likely be a Category 3 to 4 hurricane making landfall with the devastation being very similar to Sandy because of the shear size of the storm. It will be a quick mover but has the ability to unleash severe damage in a short period of time. Start following the news around Tuesday as this is when it will start to be noticed by the news outlets. Hopefully it will turn Northward before it reaches the coast of the United States but conditions around the 8th to the 15th of September favor the storm being able to come right to our door step. If this storm lives up to its potential it will be the news for quite some time. Lets pray that it misses us this time. Sorry for the small picture I did not have enough time to figure out how to shrink the original picture I created in Paint to a more viewable size but you can see the size of the storm clearly in relation to the United States Coast.

CC25D7EB85DB442CB57AF68FEF1EBF37.jpg

Attachments

• CC25D7EB85DB442CB57AF68FEF1EBF37.jpg
    CC25D7EB85DB442CB57AF68FEF1EBF37.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 64

bostaurus

Reaction score
We have been so dry here in my part of Louisiana that I have actually been hoping for a tropical storm to come our way. I have already lost 2-3 trees I planted in the fall due to lack of rain. Been watering the vegetable garden and flower beds....but everything else has to make it on their own. We were so wet this winter that we are still ahead of the yearly total but we have only had about an inch all August and the temps have been in the 90's.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Melinda your rains will come in about two weeks hang in there. Three views of the storm ( Future Hurricane) beginning to form. You would think after Sandy which was just a minimal Hurricane that NOAA would get out the potential warning now!! No need to panic yet and hopefully the storm gets turned to the North,but allowing time to plan way ahead is critical when mass evacuations and shifting of resources are needed in any urban areas that may be affected. Instead the drive-by media which will hype the storm to try to scare the heck out of us will only carry it once NOAA makes an official statement . Hurricanes have been around forever,they are natures way of displacing heat off the surface of the earth and putting it back in to the atmosphere. Check out these three links as they clearly show a storm forming near the Azores. The second and third views show the immense exhaust circulating clockwise above the storm a very needed element for rapid intensification. The second view shows how close to Cuba and Florida the storm is.
http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/floaters/97L/flash-vis-short.html http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/watl/flash-wv.html
http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/catl/flash-wv.html

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94