It's all about the kids.....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

69ctiss

Reaction score
As generations of bottle diggers come and go it will be harder and harder to find the good stuff. I have 2 sons who dig with me (13 and 10). Some days are great and, well we all know about the other days. The boy's interest was slipping from a dry spell, so I had to think of something quick. Short of planting bottles somewhere for them to find, I came up with a plan. I have an elderly female friend who was a hard core digger back in the sixties. She is full of stories and has a collection that is just scary to say the least. Mostly stuff I've only seen in books.
I picked the critters up from school yesterday and asked if they wanted to see some great old bottles. They sure did. We stopped at Sue's house, the flasks in the window did'em in! "C'mon in guys. She told us about her window bottles (all pontils) then said "Come see the good stuff." Wide eyes looked at each other as they digested those words. A glass fronted cabinet is filled with pictoral flasks, the oldest inks I have ever seen, double scroll flasks......on and on. You get the picture. Well, their interest has been restored, in a big way.
Dig on. T.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
That's a cool story, and a good idea to keep them interested! I remember being around 5 years old and drooling at the bottles in the neighbors' windows.. for all i know they were probably Wheaton minis but they looked gooood..
..lucky you didn't bring the kids to see my collection.. they'd hang it up for good!![;)]

69ctiss

Reaction score
No problem on the field trip. NH is a great place to be. Peace, T.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky