ive hit a gold mine

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

splante

Reaction score
Dannyrgardner said:
It's not about lead or gold it's about the thrill. The site is about fifty miles of river bottom... You could fill a dump truck up with this place. It's the history I love,. I live in dyess ar a town with allot of history...
well said Danny I love the history and the hunt..$$ nice but secondary..One of the reasons I Am not on this site much anymore seems to be tilting more negative feedback then positive ......

Dannyrgardner

Reaction score
Thanks for the support sometimes a good thing can be messed up by the almighty dollar. Don't get me wrong I like money but I make it elsewhere.. That's why I call it one of my hobbies not my job.... :)

CreekWalker

Reaction score
Good looking finds! , most look to 1950-70s, keep searching, and pick up what interests you. You're finding items similar to me, in local creeks and trash pits. There are some valuable bottles in that 50 mile section of river too. I pick up and dig items to add to my locals collection, and I dig items to sell too! I have a job, and digging is a hobby, but the hobby pays for the items I can't find, by digging and creek walking. I encourage to keep posting , many here, would be interested in seeing them. There is a forum dedicated to how to post photos, reduce them to 1000kb.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Dannyrgardner said:
Bottom of coke bottle

Is that the bottom of this Coke bottle I got circled in black in your picture? don't look like it. I'm not to concerned about bottom, bottom usually has a city name. Just curious if the middle of the bottle has the Pat D. # or contents 6 fl oz. or something else? The date is usually about 1/4 way up the bottles side from bottom. LEON.

Attachments

• f6d6cffef3184faa83a50fa6482749c2.jpg
    f6d6cffef3184faa83a50fa6482749c2.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 96

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I do an annual river cleanup and there are spots we pull a truckload of stuff every year and it's always easier when the water is low.
I've found a few good ones and it makes me wonder what the other non-collectors pitch in the bags. [:mad:]I know some that canoe the areas that have found some REALLY nice stuff.

sunrunner

Reaction score
I don't know how old you are but the history on that dump has yet to be written . go back in 30 years !

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu