J. C. Scovill bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

walken

Reaction score
Hi. I am new to bottles and know very little. I have a bottle that I have been unable to find any information about. It is clear, light aqua glass, approx. 6 1/2" in height and
2 1/4" wide, has a seam line that stops at the lip, is embossed and the front reads:

J. C. SCOVILL
REGISTERED
(symbol, JCS, overlapping)
NEW HAVEN CONN

The back reads: THIS BOTTLE NOT TO BE SOLD

I have searched the internet high and low, and have not been able to find any information about J. C. Scovill. If anyone knows anything about this bottle, or knows anyone I may contact, your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!!!

Pn36458.jpg

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
I suggest you contact the reference librarian at the New Haven, CN, public library. You' ll be amazed at what you can learn about this bottler from hundred-year-old records available in the library! You may be able to do this by e-mail.
-----------Harry Pristis

walken

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your help. As I said before, I know absolutely nothing about bottles, so at least now I know the type of bottle it is and the approx. period of time it was made. My husband dug it up somewhere and it has been sitting in our garage for years. I wrote to the New Haven public library this evening, thanks so much for the advice. Hopefully I will be able to learn a little more about my bottle now. Again, thank you so much. This is the first site I have found that anyone was actually willing to help me, and I greatly appreciate it.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown