JAR DOCTORS TUMBLING MACHINES

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Old man digger

Reaction score
I have the chance to purchase a Jar Doctors Machine. I would like to hear from this forum, what do you think of the machines. LIKES/DISLIKES and one thing that is important to me is the noise. Are they noisy or quiet? Cost of tumbling material and can that material be salvaged and reused...Thanks a bunch. OMD

hemihampton

Reaction score
I don't have a Jar Doctor Tumbler but mine is noisy mostly because it's got 25 pounds of Copper moving around the Tube nonstop. for Material re use you can keep reusing the Copper but not any of the cleaning compounds since that breaks down & disintegrates over time & lose there effectiveness. LEON.

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
I have the chance to purchase a Jar Doctors Machine. I would like to hear from this forum, what do you think of the machines. LIKES/DISLIKES and one thing that is important to me is the noise. Are they noisy or quiet? Cost of tumbling material and can that material be salvaged and reused...Thanks a bunch. OMD
Mine is just set up and is overkill…. Huge! It takes up the whole dining room! I’m like can we get this shortened to like 3 roller length? Something that could bolt back on, if needed?(I don’t want to have to get a storage room to house it!). It can’t run where it’s at because it has no guard over parts I don’t want to peel a $14000.00 cat out of it. That part is not kosher. ( He needs good insurance-if someone’s kid got caught in that?) But I can’t wait….it looks like fun. It ran for 30 seconds, but then they started coming (Like a cat magnet.) it didn’t take seem loud at all but wasn’t loaded either. But I’m used to a rock tumbler and a sledgehammer!

Attachments

• 68656F66-7A0D-42D9-8C94-8E00871C6D66.jpeg
    68656F66-7A0D-42D9-8C94-8E00871C6D66.jpeg
    389 KB · Views: 266

Old man digger

Reaction score
Mine is just set up and is overkill…. Huge! It takes up the whole dining room! I’m like can we get this shortened to like 3 roller length? Something that could bolt back on, if needed?(I don’t want to have to get a storage room to house it!). It can’t run where it’s at because it has no guard over parts I don’t want to peel a $14000.00 cat out of it. That part is not kosher. ( He needs good insurance-if someone’s kid got caught in that?) But I can’t wait….it looks like fun. It ran for 30 seconds, but then they started coming (Like a cat magnet.) it didn’t take seem loud at all but wasn’t loaded either. But I’m used to a rock tumbler and a sledgehammer!
Yea, I guess if you can handle a sledgehammer and a rock tumbler anything would be quiet. Maybe one of your kitties getting pealed would get your attention. Hope that never happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mailman1960

Reaction score
Put a candle on it and you have a nice center piece

Old man digger

Reaction score
I don't have a Jar Doctor Tumbler but mine is noisy mostly because it's got 25 pounds of Copper moving around the Tube nonstop. for Material re use you can keep reusing the Copper but not any of the cleaning compounds since that breaks down & disintegrates over time & lose there effectiveness. LEON.
Thanks Leon, that answers one of my questions. I am getting our thinking about getting a single tube system. The one the Wrangler has would be nice, but it is like he said huge. And I don't have the room either.OMD

webe992

Reaction score
I keep mine in my garage and only run it when I am at home. Noise hasn’t been an issue as I think it sounds like rain when it is rolling. Sometimes I’ll take my 3 month old baby in the garage with me while I work and the noise puts her to sleep so that’s a plus! The compounds are cheap enough, copper can get expensive but thankfully it is reusable. I really like my jar doctor machine. It makes a huge difference in how well the bottles display when they are clean.

hemihampton

Reaction score
mines a single tube, I run it in the basement. I got a door that can slide closed to the basement entrance that stops most of the sound but don't usually use the door as it's far enough away to not hear & my TV is always blasting loud. LEON.

Old man digger

Reaction score
I keep mine in my garage and only run it when I am at home. Noise hasn’t been an issue as I think it sounds like rain when it is rolling. Sometimes I’ll take my 3 month old baby in the garage with me while I work and the noise puts her to sleep so that’s a plus! The compounds are cheap enough, copper can get expensive but thankfully it is reusable. I really like my jar doctor machine. It makes a huge difference in how well the bottles display when they are clean.
That you for your input, it is a good one and the reuse of the copper is a plus!!! OMD

hemihampton

Reaction score
Thanks Leon, that answers one of my questions. I am getting our thinking about getting a single tube system. The one the Wrangler has would be nice, but it is like he said huge. And I don't have the room either.OMD

I think that's She said, not He said. Wrangler is a She if I remember right. LEON.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu