JAR DOCTORS TUMBLING MACHINES

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
They stay clear enough that you can shine a light in. Usually I do this to see if I’ve added enough copper. My other recommendation would be to plan on using it by a utility sink. I installed one in my basement, they’re $100 at home cheapo

I wish a sink would fit in that garage! Lol! Yard sale, next weekend. I’ve begged for a sink out there since I bought the house….. I can give you a book of excuses why that’s impossible to do. So my money is on- that’s probably not going to happen, but I sure wish it would!. Since I keep the hours of a raccoon, I can tell you it’s cold, hosing bottles at night, and hell-A messy in the sink. Kat >^..^<

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
Well, I didn't know that either. I hope no offense was taken, as none was meant....OMD

No offense taken. Really it’s pretty funny how often that happens here, but I can’t help it…. I love this stuff and have more years into doing this, than I don’t! Just Another hopeless addict, with a strong craving for trash! Original recycler, and didn’t we invent that stuff, anyway? Like way before it was cool? Kat >^..^<

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
Once you see the results you can achieve with this machine, you will make room for it somewhere.

Your have options. You CAN purchase two short side rails from the Jar Doctor, swap out the long ones for the short ones, and turn your large machine into a small one. You can either keep the long rails for going back in the future, or sell them to me or someone else who has a short machine we want to turn into a large one.

While it is NOT ideal, you can run the machine outside under a COVERED patio or porch. I did this when I did not have room back in the 1990's, but it shortens the life of the components. Placing it in a garage or workshop or outbuilding is a better option. Beware of running the machine in freezing temps, or blazing heat. That's not good for the bottles you are trying to clean.

I built my own machine 30 years ago, then purchased a small Jar Doctor machine, then a large frame, and put the two together.

I LOVE this machine, and appreciate all the years of design and improvements the Jar Doctor has made over the years.

That’s a Beautiful Setup. That’s what mine wants to be when it grows up!and someday I want to walk around mine…. The whole thing? I wish my order for polish and copper and roller would get here….

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
I have a question, here. Has anybody either tumbled a large thing, like a big decanter or battery jar in a straight sided bucket and locking lid? Without the handle and with necessary modifications? Like moving the roller back. I’m thinking about trying that. A canister would cost $400 or something close, that would handle that. I could revert to my hillbilly ways and grab some duct tape and an ice cream bucket! Using that rock tumbler, well I’m the queen of being able to jame-0 a thing and make it work…. And can block the bottle securely without stopples. .

Csa

Reaction score
Someone posted they were thinking about using a treadmill machine & customize a machine-hmmmmmm!

Thanks for the feedback WcW. Still thinking through my approach, been diverted with the spring cleanup projects, so no time for digging or building a tumbler.
Treadmill, not bad, clean up the bottles as you get into shape!! I have a couple old ceiling fan motors which right now top my list of possible power supply. Stay tuned.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eloc1