Jasper & Bessemer Hutch Coca Colas

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Uncle_Jarvis

Reaction score
will be posted on Ebay in the next week or two.

Just a heads up to the hardened Coca Cola collectors

KGrHqFHJBEE8iNONBPQYm33Nmw60_3.jpg

Uncle_Jarvis

Reaction score
I'm thinking they will bring in anywhere from $3500-$6500 each . . We'll see what happens once they get listed. [:-]

Uncle_Jarvis

Reaction score
A Bessemer CC hutch at the Schmidt auction went for $7300 including the 18% fee so that would give you an idea what to expect. Anything is possible though.

celerycola

Reaction score
I bought five Bessemer Coke Hutches in good to near mint condition for $200 total in 1974. One of those I sold immediately to recoup my investment since it was a lot for a high school kid to have tied up in bottles at the time. Two years later I sold one to an Illinois collector along with my Birmingham, Chattanooga, and Talladega Hutch Cokes. I eventually sold all 300 straightside Cokes to concentrate on the Real Thing: Celery Cola.

Uncle_Jarvis

Reaction score
Why is Celery Cola the "real thing" ? I'm just curious because I really don't know squat about that brand. Damn. I wish I knew you and I was born another 30 years earlier so I could buy everything from ya. [:D]

ORIGINAL: celerycola

I bought five Bessemer Coke Hutches in good to near mint condition for $200 total in 1974. One of those I sold immediately to recoup my investment since it was a lot for a high school kid to have tied up in bottles at the time. Two years later I sold one to an Illinois collector along with my Birmingham, Chattanooga, and Talladega Hutch Cokes. I eventually sold all 300 straightside Cokes to concentrate on the Real Thing: Celery Cola.

beith_2005

Reaction score
I hope they do good for you but from what I've seen on ebay and bottle shows lately coke hutches aren't bring big money. It may be the market is down or not as many people are as interested in them. What do you like to collect? Would you be interested in a trade for one? Thanks Clifton

celerycola

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Uncle_Jarvis

Why is Celery Cola the "real thing" ? I'm just curious because I really don't know squat about that brand. Damn. I wish I knew you and I was born another 30 years earlier so I could buy everything from ya. [:D]

Celery Cola is The Real Thing because it was made from Doc Pemberton's formula by his former chemist J. C. Mayfield. After Asa Candler stole Coca-Cola from the widow's Pemberton and Dozier he changed the formula before incorporating the Coca-Cola Company in 1892 and changed it again in 1903 so he could sue the US Government for war taxes he paid because it was advertised as a headache remedy.

Uncle_Jarvis

Reaction score
Hello,

Actually these bottles belong to a friend who will be listing them. I just thought you folks would like a heads up or just keep any eye out since you don't see many slug plate cc hutches hit ebay.

ORIGINAL: beith_2005

I hope they do good for you but from what I've seen on ebay and bottle shows lately coke hutches aren't bring big money. It may be the market is down or not as many people are as interested in them. What do you like to collect? Would you be interested in a trade for one? Thanks Clifton

Uncle_Jarvis

Reaction score
Cool . I did a little more research and it appears there were exorbitant amounts of cocaine and caffeine in this stuff. lol .. I wonder what it tasted like?

I'll for sure need to add a few to my collection . If I have any questions you will be my go to guy for info since you seem to know a lot about this intriguing brand.

thanks

Celery Cola is The Real Thing because it was made from Doc Pemberton's formula by his former chemist J. C. Mayfield. After Asa Candler stole Coca-Cola from the widow's Pemberton and Dozier he changed the formula before incorporating the Coca-Cola Company in 1892 and changed it again in 1903 so he could sue the US Government for war taxes he paid because it was advertised as a headache remedy.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac