JB Losty State Line and Mohawk ginger ale

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Berkshire117

Reaction score
About a year ago my favorite antique/junk shop closed its doors to relocate across town. Supposed to be closed for six weeks. After building codes/inspectors/appeals etc, they finally reopened today. Picked up a couple nice pieces for my collection. J.B. losty brewery bottle from State Line Mass. A town in Berkshire county that no longer exists.

Also picked up this metal plate stamp from Mohawk beverages Pittsfield Mass

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
boudreau117 said:
Supposed to be closed for six weeks. After building codes/inspectors/appeals etc, they finally reopened today.
That sounds about right. Wait, that's messed up. Maybe they should have stayed put?

Berkshire117

Reaction score
Sadly, they couldn't stay where they were. They were renting in a big old Mill that got sold and is on a multi year renovation program for artisan spaces.

I have two other bottles from State Line, both wh losty. The jb losty one I got here is considerably harder to find. I've seen two before, one priced to me at 80, one at 100. I payed five bucks for this bottle, the stamp, and another art deco soda bottle from Pittsfield.

Berkshire117

Reaction score
cowseatmaize said:
I did a quick search (only) and only saw a Patrick Losty there in 1871.

I just did a little research too. Patrick had twins in 1858. I'm assuming one is JB...

XMTR_MAN

Reaction score
There is a W.H Losty bottle too.
1709311823111.png

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen