John Shrink's Superior Mineral Water, Cleveland

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

opmustard

Reaction score
Excellent bottle. Great color, embossing is well defined with no real wear, looks like it was made yesterday and nice iron pontil. Also, a bottle that in such good overall condition.
Love the taper top and the skinny long neck. WOW!
opmustard

hemihampton

Reaction score
That is one awesome pontied soda. Certainly 1840's with that great tapered applied top.

Curious, how do you tell a 1840's Bottle from a 1850's Bottles that look the same???? I'm going to guess 1850's on this one? LEON.

EvansBottles

Reaction score
Primarily you can tell by the type of applied lip. The tapered tops predate the blob tops.
Also the shape of the bottle is sometimes a bit different.

buriedtreasuretime

Reaction score
Fresh out of the USPS box! I bought this mostly sight unseen (1 very bad picture) and I'm thrilled with the condition. It's got 3 or 4 small patches of very light scratches, otherwise it's mint. Showed up right before I have to go to work so I'll post better pics later.
View attachment 224309
View attachment 224310
View attachment 224311
Someone at some point put Epsom salts in it which is what you can see on the inside near the base. Rinsed most of them out but there's a little residue left to take care of.

View attachment 224313

What's cool about it to me is that the backside is a reused mold. You can see the fill in of the old block embossing. The new lettering is larger and extends over the sides at the beginning and the end
View attachment 224316
View attachment 224318

That is a beauty, cleaned just enough with out degrading it time honored look. You should be very proud of your new acquisition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi