jumbo

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LC

Reaction score
You are definitely right concerning reproduction lids, they do exist. I saw a lid that was listed as vintage go off on eBay not too long ago that went off for around $115.00. When I saw the lid, I thought to myself, WOW ! I never seen one like this, no wonder it brought such a good price. I just saw that same lid or one like it go off on ebay the other evening for I think $15.00. It was listed as a reproduction. The other one that was listed as vintage, I am pretty sure was a reproduction as well, and I am sure that who ever bought it was quite a bit more than just an unhappy camper once they found out what they actually bought.

Here are a few of the junkers I have, I have a good many more of them in the garage in a box. I got rid of quite a few of them not too long ago. Wish I had kept some of them now, had quite a few of them with labels.

FC84B5EF129B4A86AE586633BAFC809E.jpg

Attachments

• FC84B5EF129B4A86AE586633BAFC809E.jpg
    FC84B5EF129B4A86AE586633BAFC809E.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 107

LC

Reaction score
Most of these are pretty common Jamie, except maybe for the Frank's Dove mustard jar. I guess the elephant is a little hard to get as well, although I have seen several of them sell on ebay lately.

LC

Reaction score
I have no thoughts of letting it go at present Paul, although I have thought about letting all the Jumbo go, just have not convinced myself to so as of yet.
As I stated earlier though, I have seen a few of them on eBay over the past months, you might be able to pick up one of them there.

RedGinger

Reaction score
Nice one Madman. The elephant is cute! I can't remember what they call those jars. Got it! Swanky swigs? Anyone know what I'm talking about? I used to collect them.

RedGinger

Reaction score
Google it bootle man. If they were shoes, I'd still be collecting them!

LC

Reaction score
Good evening Richard, I saw one go off on ebay the other evening for $145.00. I thought it was a bit under priced. I sure gave more than that for the one I have. Then too, I am a maniac at times when I see something I want, especially if I have the money to throw away at the time I see it !

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora