Just 2 bottles I need help Identifying!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
Sorry for the terrible camera quality. Anyways! I'm new to bottle collecting, and I have these 2 bottles that are quite the hassle to find stuff about!

The first is made by Anchor Hocking, is a 2 part mould, and a screw-top. I believe it may be a little older than the 80's, as the logo is a H with an anchor going through it.

The second may be a local milk bottle. It was made by Thatcher Glass Manufacturing, and has a large C on the bottom, along with a 42 and the MTC logo. It's a 3 part mould, with a stop top. The printed text has worn away, leaving just a "shadow" of it on the glass, and it's half-readable in the light. The front says "PROTECTED MILK Sealed in cellophane" and the back looks like it says "CLOVER Dairy Progress, PA" with small clover designs. I'd love to see the bottle intact! If anyone knows how old they are or what they were supposed to look like, please let me know!

Attachments

• Milk Bottle bottom.jpg
    Milk Bottle bottom.jpg
    955.8 KB · Views: 147
  • Milk Bottle.jpg
    Milk Bottle.jpg
    942.3 KB · Views: 153
  • Small bottle (1).jpg
    Small bottle (1).jpg
    991 KB · Views: 150
  • anchor logo.PNG
    anchor logo.PNG
    571 bytes · Views: 149
  • Milk bottle logo.PNG
    Milk bottle logo.PNG
    442 bytes · Views: 142

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! The milk is from 1942. The other bottle is a generic general-purpose household bottle, could have held anything really. It dates from roughly the same era as the milk.

Reactions: Roy

lisacachecreek8!

Reaction score
Sorry for the terrible camera quality. Anyways! I'm new to bottle collecting, and I have these 2 bottles that are quite the hassle to find stuff about!

The first is made by Anchor Hocking, is a 2 part mould, and a screw-top. I believe it may be a little older than the 80's, as the logo is a H with an anchor going through it.

The second may be a local milk bottle. It was made by Thatcher Glass Manufacturing, and has a large C on the bottom, along with a 42 and the MTC logo. It's a 3 part mould, with a stop top. The printed text has worn away, leaving just a "shadow" of it on the glass, and it's half-readable in the light. The front says "PROTECTED MILK Sealed in cellophane" and the back looks like it says "CLOVER Dairy Progress, PA" with small clover designs. I'd love to see the bottle intact! If anyone knows how old they are or what they were supposed to look like, please let me know!
the H with the anchor is Homer Laughlin China Co.

lisacachecreek8!

Reaction score
The H with the anchor is the mark of 'Homer Laughlin China Co. and the dates of that could be from 1926 to the present

Sitcoms

Reaction score
The H with the anchor is the mark of 'Homer Laughlin China Co. and the dates of that could be from 1926 to the present
I believe you're mistaken; the anchor with an H in the middle is almost certainly Anchor Hocking. I tried to research "Homer Laughlin China Co." and could find very limited information; based on the name of the company I assume they made dishware/chinaware, and likely would not be making glass bottles. I believe the one that the OP posted was likely some sort of extract or flavoring bottle.

For more information on glass marks, I suggest https://glassbottlemarks.com/

Dje2004

Reaction score
the one bottle is a milk its from 1937 it wood say it on the bottom and the other one i have one that is a shoe polish but yours could be a medicine bottle also from the 30's or 40's that you have

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky