Just a thought.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

yacorie

Reaction score
And I should also mention I’m the same way when I buy. I just decide if I like the bottle for the price and never worry about whether I’m paying $100 for an $80 bottle

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
no offense taken at all.
I stand by what I said and do it all the time. When I decide to sell - I sell. I sell $10 bottles for a $1-$2, and more expensixe ones for cheaper also.

Id rather sell a $100 bottle for $70 bucks - give another collector a deal and unload it right away. I do it all the time.

I guess my point is I don’t care about the market. I prefer both parties be happy. I’m not going to go underwater on stuff I’ve paid for but that’s just how I am.

my point about auction houses was the same. When you ad in buyer and seller fees, even a place like hecklers is charging ~30% plus tax and shipping.
I’d rather sell something for much less money direct to a buyer - take out that 30% etc. I don’t care at all whether that softens the market
Value of a bottle has to me nothing to do with what I can sell it for. In some settings it could bring much more to the right bidder. I think of estimated value as a guide to the value in ideal circumstances. Kind of like wholesale and retail prices. We got to make money somehow.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I used to make a killing buying peoples tile. I would make my money, buying, picking up and delivering the materials. Now that was when we used to be able to get a contractors discount. Now they give it to anybody. I dont get materials on a lot of jobs now. Not worth my time. So basically the scumbag stores in an attempt to sell more tile has screwed over the guys that install. They don't pay full price! Greed sucks. We are all affected by it in one way or another.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi