Just found, question on value

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Clare

'Patent Medicine' bottle collector
Reaction score
Check out this fun website entitled 'The Vapo-Cresoline [sic] Scam'!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
This is my bottle. Sadly, it's aqua and not cobalt. I've always wondered what the dates on the bottle mean. Is it the date of the patent?
Yes that is the patented dates. Yours is the later patent dates. July 17, 94 July 23, 94. Here is the earlier July 17, 91 July 23, 91.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Attachments

• 16133401406413288208756754780539.jpg
    16133401406413288208756754780539.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 104

Clare

Reaction score
I bet that electric one is worth some big bucks!

@ROBBYBOBBY64 Thank you for clearing up for me. I shall have to keep my eyes open for the earlier one.

capackrat

Reaction score
The electric one is very rare since it was the last model produced and only in small numbers before the FDA 'banned" the 'poison' in the 50's.

I will post an image of one shortly with the latest auction value pricing.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I bet that electric one is worth some big bucks!

@ROBBYBOBBY64 Thank you for clearing up for me. I shall have to keep my eyes open for the earlier one.
I don't think mine is any bluer than yours. I think it is just the picture. Less light is sometimes better for showing the color. Causes the camera to take a longer exposure. Usually the image is more saturated. I like back lighting in a window. Sometimes just off to the side. Flash usually causes a hot spot on the bottle. If I want to photograph hard to see embossing I catch a reflection of a window on the surface that is embossed. It usually works well.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Clare

Reaction score
I don't think mine is any bluer than yours. I think it is just the picture. Less light is sometimes better for showing the color. Causes the camera to take a longer exposure. Usually the image is more saturated. I like back lighting in a window. Sometimes just off to the side. Flash usually causes a hot spot on the bottle. If I want to photograph hard to see embossing I catch a reflection of a window on the surface that is embossed. It usually works well.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
They're brilliant tips, thank you. I'll give them a go next time.

Marc26

Reaction score
I have a sealed box VC, an open box with the full bottle (like Clare's, no color) and insert, and also the lamp in an open box with an insert. I'm interested in keeping them, although I would be willing to sell the open box. I'll be teaching a college course for new students on the history of treatments of ailments and illness and I'd like to have it to display. I try to keep an estimated value in the back of my head. At some point, I may want to get insurance on my collection......

mctaggart67

Reaction score
I just found this circa 1931 Canadian ad below showing the very rare electric vaporizer and the more common kerosene lamp type. Has anyone seen the electric version on eBay since eBay started in September 3, 1995?

View attachment 219107

The electric vaporizers show up in Canada regularly. In fact, I've had several over the years and the only way I can get rid of them is to put them in job lots. The lamp-types, for obvious reasons, grab more attention. Thanks for posting.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum