Just Gotta Say....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

capsoda

Reaction score
My wife brought to my attention that I have had a few PMs and several emails about where I have been and am I OK.

Well, I am OK sort of. I tore the rotator cuff in my left shoulder in August and didn't know it. I thought I pulled a muscle or something. Before my doc could get more than pain killers and rudimentary X Rays she moved over to another department. Since then I have seen several nurse practitioners who can't really do anything. The pain killers weren't enough to help as my condition worsened but I had no other course than to wait for the new doc. Finally saw him just before Christmas and he did a quick exam and told me I was right. My brother and to buds have just had theirs done so I knew I was in the same boat. The new guy actually checked my records where it says in 31 of 32 surgeries I was awake because I am highly resistant to narcotics. He immediately up my script to the max of hydrocodone allowed by law so maybe I could be comfortable. It is very difficult doing anything especially concentrate. I have to keep weight off my shoulder and that is almost impossible because I can only lye down for 5 or 6 hours max because of the damage I have to my back and sitting up to type is really miserable but I do anyway to see whats up. I will hopefully get an MRI this week (Hope it doesn't pull all the wire out of my bod cause I suspect that would hurt) That is where I am for now.

I just wanted to let everyone know that besides my Secret Santa bottles which are great I got a few other bottles from other forum members. I was really surprised by the great bottles/jars and I wanted to let the folks who sent them that I love them. When people do things like this it really hits me deep and the bottles go with all the others I have received as gifts from forum members and my digging buds. These will never be anywhere buy on my shelf. Thank you all and may God grant you peace, hope and love sprinkled with bottles all the New Year long.
Warren

He has been bugging me for days to type this for him. He has had to turn down the chance to dig a large 1870-90s dump because I won't let him try. He is nuts and you guys keep him going. Thank You, Cindy

PS; Notice all the spelling is correct.[sm=lol.gif]

glass man

Reaction score
LOVE YOU CAP AND AM PRAYING FOR YOU AS I ALWAYS DO. I KNOW HOW PAINFUL SOMETHING LIKE YOUR ROTATOR CUFF HURT CAN BE .

COUPLE OF YEARS AGO SOMETHING WAS WRONG WITH MY ARM. DIDN'T HAVE MONEY TO GO TO THE DOCTOR. I SLIPPED AND PUT MY HURT ARM OUT TO CATCH MYSELF AND SOMETHING SNAPPED AND I LAY IN THE FLOOR ALMOST PASIING OUT FROM THE PAIN!!

IT FINALLY CURED ON ITS ON SOME HOW! THANK GOD.

HOPE YOU WILL GET RELIEF SOON!!!GOD BLESS AND HELP YOU BROTHER!!! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE FOR ME AND FOR YOUR UNBELIEVABLE KNOWLEDGE ON BOTTLES AND BOUT EVERY THING!! TAKE CARE CAP! I THINK I CAN SAFELY SAY WE ALL LOVE YOU ON HERE!!! JAMIE

RedGinger

Reaction score
Hope you are feeling better soon and back digging again!

cordilleran

Reaction score
Somewhere in the Great American Southwest
Rotator cuff injuries are painful and like you I have a high threshold for pain. I tore my right rotator cuff about 15 months ago pushing 220 pounds of iron directly overhead. I nursed the darn thing for about a week and continued working out with gradually heavier weight. I''m now much better with no pain and have almost regained full range of motion.

In my sport (powerlifting) rotator tears are not uncommon (along with dislocations, bursitis and tendonitis) as this is a vulnerable area of four smaller muscles and tendons. My attitude is not to go under the knife. But with the surgical techniques available today, rotator injuries can be helped with minimal invasive effort. Just avoid heavy lifting in certain directions after 40. As for me, well, I'm a hardhead.

bubbas dad

Reaction score
glad to hear you 're right warren. wish i had something cobalt for you to brighten your day.
take care, john

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Take care Cap. If the meds aren't keeping up, try Kadian (morphine sulfate). It's time release. Can be once a day or twice a day, depending on the sosage. It's the only thing that helped my wife when straight 15mg of oxycodone plus 10mg of Magnaset wouldn't keep the pain away.
Get better soon![&:]

suzanne

Reaction score
I know nothing about rotator cuffs but hope you feel better soon so you can get back to the things you love doing.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi