Just joined, found old bottles in box.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mayfly

Reaction score
Hi. I just joined antique bottles. I'm not a collector of bottles, but have accumulated a good amount of stuff from family members who have passed on. I've run across a box of old (?) bottles and cleaned some of them up. They don't seem extraordinary based on what I've seen on ebay. Asking prices seem to all over the place for the same bottle, for example the Dr. Peter Fahrney one. Same story on the Pioneer Distillers. Just looking for any advice on whether I should pursue trying to sell these things or if my time is better spent by just using them as decoration. Thanks for any info that y'all can pass along. This is a great site. Fun to look at and hopefully educational.

Attachments

• Bottles1.jpg
    Bottles1.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 138
  • Bottles3.jpg
    Bottles3.jpg
    990.3 KB · Views: 143
  • Bottles4.jpg
    Bottles4.jpg
    907.4 KB · Views: 139
  • Bottles5.jpg
    Bottles5.jpg
    969.1 KB · Views: 137
  • Bottles6.jpg
    Bottles6.jpg
    923.7 KB · Views: 150
  • Bottles7.jpg
    Bottles7.jpg
    868.6 KB · Views: 141
  • Bottles8.jpg
    Bottles8.jpg
    998.4 KB · Views: 134
  • Bottles9.jpg
    Bottles9.jpg
    939.8 KB · Views: 148

Jimmy Langford

Reaction score
The only 3 worth trying to sell is the Dr. Fahrney, the clear cork top whisky flask, and the flask with the man and hat on it. The Fahrney $10, pioneer $9, and the clear flask $5. Maybe people would want the rest for decoration but they would only be worth 50 cents and would be hard to sell. These are actually somewhat unique though as they have never been underground and are in mint condition. Looks like some might have been out in a barn though. I really do like the pioneer one.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I'd guess Fahrney any where from $1.00-$5.00 being a Screw Top. Maybe $5.00-$10.00 if older cork top. I'm being Generous. Welcome to the site. LEON.

Mayfly

Reaction score
The only 3 worth trying to sell is the Dr. Fahrney, the clear cork top whisky flask, and the flask with the man and hat on it. The Fahrney $10, pioneer $9, and the clear flask $5. Maybe people would want the rest for decoration but they would only be worth 50 cents and would be hard to sell. These are actually somewhat unique though as they have never been underground and are in mint condition. Looks like some might have been out in a barn though. I really do like the pioneer one.
Thanks! Yes they were in a box in a shed, all I did wash wash them up with a sponge and brush. Useful information!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac