Just mining my own buisness!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottle109

Reaction score
Well how do you make a long story short I'll try.
Went digging in my favorite spot yesterday and all hell broke loose.
Here I am in my hole which is off the main drag and this car pulls up with four guy's in it all
with cheap sunglasses on , thought they pulled over to talk,so I kept digging and I would look up, on and off,
car still sitting there it's 6:45 in the morning started to get a little unsettled so I put everything in my bucket took my shovel and started to walk deeper into the woods to dig else were and then I looked over my shoulder that car was backing up the street following my movements , I know the area so managed to find a safe zone and took my coveralls off and put in my bucket behind a tree with my digging tools so I could move quickly made my way out to a side street after crossing a wide stream. Made it to the a main street started to walk around to get to my vehicle so I could go back to get my digging tool's But I seen a police cruiser so I felt a little easier you would think right,not officer stops me and asked If I live in the area, I said no I lived in West Bridgewater, Oh did I mention that I was digging in Brockton, Mass high rate area for trouble!!! So needless to say those guy's who were in the car called the police to say I was digging a hole to put a body in???? So 4 cruiser's pull up after, I was already against the first officer's cruiser with my hands behind my head spread eagle of course and they started to pepper me with question's like where is the black bag you were carrying which was a black bucket so this went back and forth for a while as I was sitting in the cruiser,so the officer asked me were was all my digging tools,in the wood's I said, and they told me to show them where the digging tool's where I said ok but you would have to cross a wide stream crossing over falling timbers well that bothered them!!still sitting in cruiser while they were discussing who should go with me, all the time they were looking down at there boot's
So I knocked on the window in the back seat and the officer came over and I told him I know another way so you won't get your boot's wet!!! kind of smirked at me and said ok 3 cruiser's left and 2 stayed and I gave them directions we went into the woods about a 1/4 mile found my stuff they went through it and asked where are the bottle's and I told them I wasn't there along enough to find any was just starting to dig, this was really starting to get old after awhile. So I asked the officer if He could call a couple of my friends who were police officers in the surronding area who could stand behind me and who also know I am a bottle digger, so he said ok and my friends came thru and they let me go and I asked if I can go backed to what I was doing, thay said ok and told me that they would call the station to let them know that someone was digging in the area,in case some else calls saying some one was digging a hole to put a body in. the officer's were fine just doing there job. didn't spend much time there but this is what I found.

FBFD189B500D4959958A749C1329C147.jpg

Attachments

• FBFD189B500D4959958A749C1329C147.jpg
    FBFD189B500D4959958A749C1329C147.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 45

TJSJHART

Reaction score
[8|][8|]now this wasn't a funny situation ..but i just had to laugh when i read your post..you thought you were goin to get jumped by those concerned citizens and they never came up to to ask. ... that spitoon looks great ..and now you have a great? or interesting story to tell everytime some one see's the spitoon.

jesster64

Reaction score
I guess if you look at it from the policemens point of view, they either broke a big case or 1/2 dozen officers just wasted their time bothering a bottle digger. Sounds like they tried their best to turn it into a big case.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
If they wanted to be jerks they would have probably charged you with trespassing or destruction of property. You didnt mention whether you owned the property or had permission to dig there. Sounds like they were just doing thier job.

bottle109

Reaction score
Matt,
Old city dump long forgotten,No tresspassing signs anywhere but the Company out back does own it .
A large stream divides the parcel of land .Found out they bought the property for expansion and that was 20 years ago.
I once asked a old Company owner for permission once to dig out back in the woods and said no even when I offered him doubles of what I found. Turned out his relatives and there friends went out digging and had a field day. So if can keep secrets to my self without bothering anyone And your right the police were doing there job.

jesster64

It was a big area to cover,talking to the officer he told me that there was a unsolved murder a few years back and they never recovered the body of the girl so I can understand the concern and You can never explain the whole story until something like this happens but you are right it could of been a big case. But police have to follw up on every lead no matter how bogus thanks for your input.

joethecrow,

Well I wouldn't of found that spitoon if it wasn't for the incident
or that cup or nice cognac sarti bottle thanks for your comments

TJSJHART,

I had A sixth sense age 53, 4 guy's in there 30's cheap sunglasses not alot to think about[:D]

CazDigger

Reaction score
Great story, the strangest things happen to us diggers. The cool thing is that they didn't ban you from digging there. It would have been real easy for them to say "and don't let us catch you here digging...."
Mark

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac