Just so you know !

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Oldsdigger

Reaction score
I fell for this and I'm sure others have probably fallen victim for this mis-listing also ! I'm sure the sellers are listing them not knowing what they actually are. But I thought clarification is in order. I have seen these listed as lady shoe inks several times, but they are actually toilet colognes ! Yes perfume for the toilet LOL ! So if you see them listed and tempted to buy them for your inkwell collection they will look neat, but they won't be inks ! Someone on Facebook actually alerted me with one of his that still had the paper label on it. There's one listed right now on Ebay for $74 dollars. But it is a much nicer one detail wise. I Do have a pistle shaped sheered top ink though. I'm sure there are other figural shaped Inks but not in my collection.
DSC_0005.JPG
20200321_113710.jpg

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Interesting. I'm pretty sure I've got one of those somewhere in my ink collection. Have always wondered... Just remember though that they MAY have been used for ink as well. I've seen some of those odd shaped horizontal bottles that look a bit like a blimp or a worm. Hard to describe. I've seen them with ink labels, and blacking labels, and have been told they've been seen with medicine labels as well.

Jim G

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac