K on the bottom.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Roy

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what this bottle was when it was whole? I believe I have seen one like it but I can't remember what it was.
This is the only piece I found. Roy

Attachments

• 20221105_200359.jpg
    20221105_200359.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 20221105_200504.jpg
    20221105_200504.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 55

FreeRangeAsparagus

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what this bottle was when it was whole? I believe I have seen one like it but I can't remember what it was.
This is the only piece I found. Roy
I have also seen just ‘K’ bottoms but never looked for an answer. I would start here, many many pictures of bottle marks. https://glassbottlemarks.com/bottlemarks/

Roy

Reaction score
I have also seen just ‘K’ bottoms but never looked for an answer. I would start here, many many pictures of bottle marks. https://glassbottlemarks.com/bottlemarks/
Thank you FreeRangeAsparagus.

I have only had a couple of minutes to look at that website but I will certainly be looking at it more, especially with winter knocking at the door. The people on this forum are terrific, always willing to share their knowledge and experiences, and this hobby never disappoints, always something to be learned.
Had I found this dump sooner I may have found that bottle in one piece. Unfortunately someone on the town maintenance crew found it with a backhoe while installing a small dam on a brook and probably never even gave it a second thought. Roy

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Hey Roy,
I don't know if this helps much, but I've never seen a "K bottom" before. Your bot base might be imported from over the border...
..For the record, I did know a lady named "Kay"... ;)

Roy

Reaction score
Hey Roy,
I don't know if this helps much, but I've never seen a "K bottom" before. Your bot base might be imported from over the border...
..For the record, I did know a lady named "Kay"... ;)
Just wondering Len, did you hit the bottle with her?

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Roy, wow, Its really funny, odd, and coincidental you should ask. A gentleman never... Oh, ok here's the severely redacted and abridged version.-- YES. ..Kay lived in a two story Victorian that was built the same on both sides. (Bilaterally symmetrical-- porches+ bay windows included. (Oh baby!) There were two other identical houses all in a row. ..Kay moved away and I never saw her again. A bank bought the three houses and knocked them down. Today, many years later there's only a sliver of land unchanged, the rest got paved over. I happen to drive by a couple times per year because its a semi-major street. The drink was a Moxie soda. (Ecck!:confused:) I was nine or so and she was on my paper route.:cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Roy

Roy

Reaction score
Len,
Somehow I knew there was a story there.
I always appreciate your thoughts, stories, and humor.... You add so much to this forum , it just wouldn't be the same without you. Keep up the good work. Roy

• Love
Reactions: Len

Roy

Reaction score
Ha, I knew I had seen a bottle similar to the bottom I found with a K on it, just couldn't remember where. After a bit of searching I found it and you'd never guess where... I've attached a couple of screen shots to show everyone. Roy

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221108-222609_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20221108-222609_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot_20221108-222643_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20221108-222643_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 64

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Roy,
You just made ole Janos H. proud--even if this only looks (sans base view) like one of his bots. Good eye!

Reactions: Roy

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky