K.R.G. Makers Mark

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Tom smith

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about this bottle? I can't find any info on it online. There is a K.R. that stands for Krack and Reed. They were a Louisville company and that's the area this bottle was dug. Could the G stand for glass? Any info would be appreciated.

Thank you
Tom Smith

Attachments

• IMG_4079.jpg
    IMG_4079.jpg
    318 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_4078.jpg
    IMG_4078.jpg
    376.9 KB · Views: 88

DavidW

Reaction score
Hi Tom,
Wow, that is a mark I've never seen or heard of. I have doubts it has anything to do with Krack & Reed. Krack & Reed was one of the business firms that operated the Louisville Glass Works, and they were in business 1866-1869. The "K R" that you alluded to is on a crude, aqua, applied lip strap-side flask, the lettering is crude, repeated twice, and backwards, and no one really knows what the letters stand for - Krack & Reed is a possibility for that flask, but not proven to be correct.

Concerning your bottle, that is a druggist/prescription bottle and I think it would date later than the 1860s. Possibly circa 1875-1890???? Whatever the letters K R G stand for, I'd guess they are the initials of either a short-lived obscure glass company, a medical supplies distributor, OR a pharmaceutical company. Interesting!

By the way, John A. Krack (of Krack and Reed) was actually a druggist before he became a part-owner of the Louisville Glass Works, so that does make me wonder if there is some kind of connection there. BUT your bottle just doesn't look old enough to have been made in the late 1860s.

Maybe I am wrong????

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp