Kansas City Metro, within an hour of KC

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

kelseynlutz

Reaction score
Hello! Looking to get into bottle digging. I need someone to show me the ropes! I do historical and archival research for a living as I’m in the historic preservation field, so I can bring my research skills to the table in finding old dump/landfill sites. I’m willing to drive a bit to make a connection. Crossing my fingers I can meet someone on here!

willong

Reaction score
Hello! Looking to get into bottle digging. I need someone to show me the ropes! I do historical and archival research for a living as I’m in the historic preservation field, so I can bring my research skills to the table in finding old dump/landfill sites. I’m willing to drive a bit to make a connection. Crossing my fingers I can meet someone on here!
I'm a big fan of old maps, especially as I can access so many digitized ones now on the Internet.

I am curious if you search many sources beyond maps?

I found references to four old landfills in the Seattle area in digitized newspaper article from the turn of the 20th century about "Sanitary Landfills" :D.

Have you ever uncovered official city or county records documenting such sites?

nebrokla87

Reaction score
First off do you have a copy of johnnie fletchers Kansas bottle book and his Missouri bottle book. These are both great books. You will have best luck finding some one to dig with if you join the Facebook group Kansas territory antique bottle and post card group. Attending the annual Hutchinson Kansas and Lawrence Kansas bottle shows is another good way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado