karl hutter blob top beer with lightning stopper

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

william crosson sr.

Reaction score
I have researched a lot of karl hutter bottles with diff. embossing. This one says oriental bottling co., norwalk ct., bottle not to be sold and karl hutter xxxny , new york on the bottom. Can't find the bottling company anywhere on the net. Lightning stopper is engraved june 5 1877. and the number 3. Help tracking it down and value much appreciated.

Attachments

• blob top, karl hutter 1.jpg
    blob top, karl hutter 1.jpg
    899.4 KB · Views: 367
  • blob top, karl hutter 3.jpg
    blob top, karl hutter 3.jpg
    874.9 KB · Views: 455

yacorie

Reaction score
It’s not an uncommon bottle in my experience. I also think they had bottles in other towns in CT too. I’ve seen more than a few. I’ll start paying attention to town names.

I actually just found my first Karl Hutter embossed blob on a slug plate. Apparently there are a few variations - one has an embossed bottle

william crosson sr.

Reaction score
It’s not an uncommon bottle in my experience. I also think they had bottles in other towns in CT too. I’ve seen more than a few. I’ll start paying attention to town names.

I actually just found my first Karl Hutter embossed blob on a slug plate. Apparently there are a few variations - one has an embossed bottle
Thanks so much for the input. I was wondering too about the title Oriental Bottling Co., kind of unusual. Must have been very small of short term. Any clue re: the value of this item?

yacorie

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the input. I was wondering too about the title Oriental Bottling Co., kind of unusual. Must have been very small of short term. Any clue re: the value of this item?
To be honest - unless someone really needs it - I struggle to get more than 15 bucks for CT blobs without pictures or color

william crosson sr.

Reaction score
To be honest - unless someone really needs it - I struggle to get more than 15 bucks for CT blobs without pictures or color
Thanks,
I did post pictures and the color is aqua. The neck is whittled and has several bubbles in the glass. Still interested in knowing something about the bottling co. Oriental.

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
I have researched a lot of karl hutter bottles with diff. embossing. This one says oriental bottling co., norwalk ct., bottle not to be sold and karl hutter xxxny , new york on the bottom. Can't find the bottling company anywhere on the net. Lightning stopper is engraved june 5 1877. and the number 3. Help tracking it down and value much appreciated.

I'd assume that this was a short lived company. As far as price, I think you might have luck with around $30 if you were to sell to a collector from that area.

william crosson sr.

Reaction score
I'd assume that this was a short lived company. As far as price, I think you might have luck with around $30 if you were to sell to a collector from that area.
Thanks so much. Self lived for sure, can't find info. anywhere. A good find for me though, didn't have one with the lightning stopper attached.

yacorie

Reaction score
I meant without embossed pictures and color other than standard aqua - even clear is better most times.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi