Keene, NH Bottle show pictures...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottle man

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone please tell me who had the myers rock rose from connecticut and the new london flasks? Thanks

woody

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: JOETHECROW

Woody,...had another question for you,....Do you (or anyone else) happen to know what this bottle I'm showing was? It looks like lockport glass, but even though it's in with other Merchant's bottles, I don't recognize it..I also wanted to compliment Jeff and Mike for their really quality looking wares...[:D]

56A155F449684218AE5DADBB791C554E.jpg

I was too busy taking pictures and didn't notice what the embossing was, Joe, although I assume it was blown at Lockport, NY.

woody

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: bottle man

Hi, can anyone please tell me who had the myers rock rose from connecticut and the new london flasks? Thanks
Can you quote what picture it was when you reply???
Maybe it will joggle my memory.....

CazDigger

Reaction score
Hi Joe, that "Lockport-ey" thing is an ADR Albany NY blacking bottle. (I think is is Abraham D. Rosencranz?? I don't think it was a Lockport Glassworks product. I was there at both shows disguised at Keene as Dave Powell, (I had his nametag) I was the one with the nasty stitched-up chainsaw wound on my knee for anyone that was there.
Mark

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Hi Mark,....oops, were you wearing chaps? It's happened to enough people I know! Glad they got you stitched up! Thanks for the info on the Albany bottle (Wasn't there an Albany glassworks?)....Now I want one...Any idea on value? I feel good seeing all that Lockport glass there alongside the Stoddard.[;)]

CazDigger

Reaction score
Hi Joe, I think they might be from the Saratoga Mt Pleasant glassworks. I have seen them SB and aqua, and they go for about $75-200 depending on the color/pontil etc.
No I was not wearing chaps, I always thought that if I was "careful" I wouldn't need them. Well..... I WAS careful and it still happened. I am sooo lucky that it only nicked my kneecap and all I needed was stitches across my knee without any surgery etc. It is healing nicely but it was very scary when it happened! Guess what my next purchase will be?

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Hey Mark,...did the saw kick back on you?...We're in a logging "epicenter" here, and while usually it's a weekend warrior like me that gets it, sometimes the loggers get careless too, there have been some really gory incidents...Thank you for the info,...a bottle to put on my wish list.
m6.gif
I found a reference to it's drab cousin here. https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/Albany-bottle-with-chain-links%3F/m-331518/tm.htm Take care now. J.B.

saratogadriver

Reaction score
That is Cturtle AKA Ron Rainka's table. If you don't know Ron, he lives in the Moore's house in Mass. As in the J an IE Moore's turtle ink Moore.

He is a MAJOR souvenir piece collector. Mom buys from him pretty much yearly.

Jim G

ORIGINAL: woody

more...

6DC87DE7039A48828A6BF596794F4B51.jpg

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Thanks for your kind thoughts. I've gone to the show with my folks since I was about 11. I'm 45 now, and my wife and daughter were there as well. My daughter was off doing her own thing (she's into marbles). I've started doing the drive over from VT now, as my folks prefer not to drive that far themselves anymore. But we do still all have fun. I think I've only missed about 3 shows in all those years, and we consider it one of our major family holidays.

I'll post my one and only purchase from this year when I get some pics of it.

Woody, it was neat to meet you, and it's cool to get to see some of the other folks' pics. I don't know that many collectors personally.

Jim G

ORIGINAL: sandchip

Thanks so much to everyone who took the time to take and post so many great pictures. Yeah, I wanted to see bottles, and y'all delivered, but my favorite picture is the one with Jim Gratton and his mama. Spend as much time with your parents while you can.

BillinMo

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: woody

Yes, that is what Joe is talking about, Mike.
I don't know how I came up with "water".....LOL!!!![;)]

http://www.prices4antiques.com/glass/insulators/Insulator-Willington-Glass-Works-8-Sided-Cone-Yellow-Olive-6-inch-B152003.htm

Thanks for providing that link. I knew there were a couple of these around.

The old Milholland's insulator books pictured this in the back with the unclassified items and named it "Bordeaux" (presumably for an early owner of one of these) so that's what a lot of insulator collectors call this. If I remember correctly, one of the McKearin books also pictures it and that's where the "insulator" designation comes from.

So far as I know, the jury's still out on this one and it's never been proven to be an insulator. I really don't think it's any sort of telegraph insulator, and I don't see how it could be used as a lightning rod insulator, either. No one's found a corresponding patent on it.

One theory that gets mentioned about this is that it's a lightning rod PENDANT which is purely decorative and doesn't insulate -- like these.

Thanks for posting all those photos, Woody! There was a lot of top-notch stuff at that show, and great displays, too.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi